Chapter 27

Kim stayed in my room talking to me about anything and everything. She continued until almost six. Then, she decided to go have dinner with the guys, bringing me a silence I'd been craving for hours. Don't get me wrong I love Kim like a sister, but she can talk.

I crawled out of bed and headed to the shower. I showered quickly before pulling on my PJs and heading back to my room. I brushed through my hair, being sure to take extra time and make sure it was smooth. I braided my hair over my shoulder and leaned against my headboard.

About seven o'clock, Kim started the first movie of the night.

“What did you put in?” I asked.

“It is impossible to be upset and cry while watching this movie,” Kim said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Just shush,” Emily said, handing me a bowl of popcorn. We we're all dressed in PJ shorts and shirts. Emily finally sat down, having spent all day cooking.

“But, I wanna know,” I objected.

“Shh,” Kim said, shutting off the lights and joining us on the couch.

“Really?” I asked, reading the title on the screen.

“You can not be upset while watching Fifty Shades. It just isn't possible,” Kim said. I'd never seen it before, but I'm guessing they have.

As much as I hate to admit it, Kim was right. I didn't cry at all during the movie. She stood up and switched it out for another. I was half asleep with my head in Emily's lap, so I closed my eyelids and let the sleep take over me.

It was quiet enough for me to sleep until a door slammed open.

“Shh, love, I've got it,” Emily said, moving my head as I whimpered at the sound. The voice that had broke into my sleep worried me.

It was Paul, and he was drunk. His words to Emily were slurring together and he sounded like he was crying. I knew he wasn't in good shape, so I wanted to go comfort him. I stood up, steadying myself with the arm of the couch. I grabbed my crutches that were leaning against the wall, and decided to go see him.

“Destiny, no,” Emily said, looking at me to leave her to deal with him.

“Em, he's drunk, and he needs me,” I said.

“Destiny, love,” Paul said. His words slurred together.

“Paul, you need to sleep this off. Come talk to me tomorrow,” I said.

“Please don't kick me out again,” he said. His words were already starting to form together correctly. His high body temperature and supernatural healing were helping him sober up at ten times the rate of a regular human.

“Paul, put the bottle down,” I said softly. He had half a bottle of alcohol in his hand. He placed it on the counter and Emily left us alone to talk. No matter how mad she was at us, she was not able to tell us we couldn't see each other.

“Destiny, I'm sorry,” he said, wiping his cheeks. “I was an ass. I shouldn't have pressured you like that. I know you don't want to forgive me because I was an ass. I get it. Sam showed me everything I was saying, and I didn't realize it sounded like such an ass. I love you, and I don't want to feel like this anymore. I don't you to feel like this anymore either. Please, just do something, say something.”

His eyes were bloodshot from tears, and I wanted to go pull him into my arms because I didn't want to see him like this.

“Do you have any idea how it felt to hear the man I'm in love with say some of things you said?” I asked, tearing up at the memories.

“No babe, and I'm really, really sorry. I shouldn't have said those things. I didn't mean them. I don't have an actual reason because stress and anger are no reason to treat the most beautiful girl ever like shit.”

He stepped closer to me, feeling the need to be in each other's arms just like me. My heart ached, but in a good way. It felt like maybe, somehow everything would be okay. My heart was finally starting to heal.

“Dest, you're beautiful,” he said. “Like, you look really nice right now.”

“I just woke up. My hair's probably a mess,” I said.

“No, well, a little, but it's cute on you babe,” he said. “Sorry. I, um, my bad.”

“It's okay. I've missed it” I said. “I, um, I don't know.” I smiled softly.

“Destiny, will you please take me back?” He asked. “I understand if you want to but I've got to ask.”

“Well, I'm not doing it for your benefit,”  I said. “But, please be my boyfriend again. I don't want to be in this pain anymore.”

“Can I kiss you?” He asked. I nodded and he closed the space between us quickly. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled into his lips.

“Come on Paul,” I said. “Let's go to bed.” We headed upstairs and cuddled up together, falling asleep instantly.