Chapter 18

“Hey honey,” Bobby said in a very fake gay voice.

“Hey boo,” I responded in a similar falsified voice.

Taylor and Paul began laughing at us so Bobby and I continued a fairly entertaining conversation in the same manner.

“Why are you acting like this?” Taylor asked while still laughing at us.

“I'm not really sure,” I said while laughing. It's been what seems like forever since I've laughed this much, so it was nice.

“It's cute,” Paul said, smiling at me.

“I know I am,” I said dramatically. He rolled his eyes at me while smiling.

Taylor successfully distracted the both of us by playing Perfect by Ed Sheeran. I could tell Paul was rolling his eyes at me, but I smiled at him and he didn't care anymore.

The rest of the ride was entertaining to say the least.

“Let's go eat,” Paul said, practically throwing me out of the car.

“Calm yourself,” I said, shoving him slightly as he got out of the car. “The food is not going anywhere.”

“This is my food you're trying to mess with, babe,” Paul said. Bobby started chuckling before turning to Taylor.

“Who's that sound like?”

“I have no idea what you're talking about, baby,” Taylor said. I laughed at the boys as we headed into the restaurant.

“How many?” The hostess asked as we walked in. I could tell she was eyeing Paul.

“Four, and can we get a booth please?” Taylor said.

“Of course,” she said, marking it down and grabbing four menus for us.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me as we were led to our table. Paul must have sensed my anxiety because he grabbed my hand and his thumb ran across the back of it reassuringly.

He sat down and slid over to the wall, trying to make it easier for me. I knew he wanted to sit on the outside, but with my prosthetic, sitting in a booth can be a pain.

“I'm sorry, I forgot about your leg,” Taylor said. “And now I feel like a jerk for pointing it out.”

“Don't worry about it Taylor,” I said, smiling at him.

“I feel like shit though,” he said.

“I've gotten used to it,” I said, shrugging it off entirely.

“You really shouldn't have to put up with douchebags like me,” he said.

“Hey, you're not a douchebag,” I said.

“So why do I feel like one?” he asked.

Paul's arm found it's way across my shoulders, causing me to lay my head on his shoulder.

“Taylor, you're not a douchebag,” I said.

“If you say so,” he scoffed.

“You're not, man,” Paul said.

“So,” Taylor started and successfully changed the subject to sports.

About an hour or so later we finished eating and Taylor and Paul split the bill. They argued over it before I took the bill from Taylor and split it in half.

“Guys, stop,” I said, rolling my eyes. They were “discussing” who was better: Duke or UNC.

“We all know it's Duke, so just shut up,” Bobby said.

“I like this kid,” I said happily.

“I'm sure you do,” Taylor said. He was the UNC fan.

“What can I say?” I asked before dramatically shrugging.

“I'm going to leave all three of you here,” Taylor joked.

“I doubt that,” Bobby said. Taylor looked at him and smiled softly. His eyes filled with admiration for his boyfriend.

Taylor drove us in a calm and peaceful silence towards the movie theater.

“What're we seeing?” I asked.

“Well, my dad is giving us an entire theater for the four of us. Said we can watch whatever we want,” Taylor responded.

“I was hoping we could see Every Day,” Bobby said.

“Is that the one where the person wakes up every day in a different body?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Bobby said, nodding.

“Yeah, I've heard about it. It's supposed to be really good,” I said.

“Fine by me,” Paul said, grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers.

Taylor pulled into what I assumed to be a back parking lot.

“Relax, baby,” Paul said. I hadn't even realised I was anxious until Paul kissed my temple to help calm me down.

“I don't even know what's wrong,” I said, becoming annoyed with myself.

Taylor led us inside and into one of the theaters.

“Is this place closed still?” I asked.

“No,” Taylor said.

“Oh, just dead,” I said.

“It's still early,” Bobby said. I nodded in response and sat down with Paul, curling into his side slightly.

The rest of the day was amazing. I was just happy to be able to spend some time away from the pack and all the stress it entails.