Chapter 13

The next day, the pack house was, well, packed. (Sorry bout the pun!) The entire pack was there strategizing about tomorrow and all the imprints were there. It probably didn't help any that three of the four imprints lived in the pack house.

“Wanna get outta here?” Paul whispered in my ear. The guys were finally given a break and, of course, Paul's arms found their way around my waist.

“Sure,” I said, turning slightly to kiss him on the cheek. I stood up and Paul was on his feet almost instantly.

“Where do you two think you're going?” Sam asked angrily as we went to walk out the back door.

“No where,” I sung, burying my face in Paul's chest.

“Paul, what did I tell you?” Sam asked.

“To be ready for another meeting in 20 minutes. We'll be back,” he said.

I heard Sam's angry alpha growl and squealed slightly out of fear.

“Do you really think that this is a good idea?” Sam yelled. “There's a fucking newborn army on the loose and you want to take your imprint out there?”

I could tell Paul was trying to ignore the alpha orders that laced Sam's voice.

“Sam, calm down,” Emily said. Instantly, Sam's entire demeanor changed. He softened into the guy I've been calling my big brother instead of the big, bad, alpha male he likes to think he is.

“We're going upstairs,” I said. I grabbed Paul's hand and dragged him up the stairs behind me.

“Open door policy,” Emily yelled behind us, causing all of the boys to start laughing and wolf whistling.

“Why must he act like that?” Paul groaned, throwing himself on to my bed.

“He likes to think he's an alpha male, but we all know the true alpha is Jake,” I said.

“I heard that,” Sam's voice came from downstairs as I laid down on the bed beside Paul.

“That was the point,” I yelled back. Paul started laughing as his arms found their way around my waist.

“How have you been, babygirl?” Paul asked.

“Well, besides the stress that you could die tomorrow, great,” I said.

“Baby, Destiny Rose, I'm not dying tomorrow. I'll be home tomorrow night in one piece. We'll be lying here laughing like nothing's wrong tomorrow night,” he said, kissing my nose quickly.

Laying this close to him allowed me to see his features in a different light. His eyes, the same deep brown as always, seemed to be almost bloodshot from a lack of sleep. The dark circles brought on by midnight patrol seemed to be getting worse. His eyelashes were of length to die for. His eyebrows we're natural, not necessarily neat, but still perfect. His skin was technically flawless, thanks to the high body temperature and supernatural healing.

Without even thinking about it, I brought my hand up to his burning hot cheek. My thumb stroked his cheek gently as we maintained eye contact. My own skin was freezing cold, like ice, but his was burning hot. The skin on skin contact made me think I was touching the sun. Even though he is my sun. He's my everything.

“What're you thinking about, babygirl?” He asked. His hand found it's way to my cheek, mimicking my own motions.

“Hmm, oh, uh, nothing,” I said, startled slightly as his words pulled me from my thoughts.

“You were definitely thinking about something,” he said.

“No,” I said.

“Yeah. You get this cute look on your face when you're thinking,” he said, using the hand that wasn't on my face to pull me closer to him.

I could feel the blush rising in my russet cheeks as he pulled me close enough that his breath hit my forehead everytime he breathed.

“I love you Destiny Rose,” he said, kissing my forehead and holding his lips there.

“I love you too, Paul Johnathan,” I said, pressing my lips to his bare chest in return.