Chapter 58

"How're you feeling babe?" I asked gently.

"Better than last night," he said.

I smiled at him before responding, "that's good."

"What's wrong?" He asked, softening his tone.

"Hmm, oh, nothing," I tried lying. I wanted to tell him that we told Billy about Christmas and that Billy still wanted to contact his parents; but he's been through enough in the last 24 hours that I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Babygirl, you can't lie to me. You never could," he said. "What's going on?" He asked. Thankfully, there was a knock on the door.

"We'll continue this conversation later," he said, to which I only nodded before he yelled for whoever it was on the other side of the door to come in.

"Hey, man," Bobby, one of the pups, said as he walked in. "Hey, Dest."

"Hi, Bobby," I said softly.

"Destiny, I'm really sorry I put you through all of this. I don't have control of my anger yet, so when they started yelling for us to attack during the Volturri's retreat, I lost it. Luckily, Paul saved my ass," he said.

"I'm not mad at you Bobby. I'd never hold this against you. I know how hard it is for you to control your anger. Especially if you're anything like Paul," I said.

"Yeah, everyone says I am," he said. I giggled slightly causing him to smile at me gently.

"Paul, I don't know how to thank you enough for saving my life," Bobby said.

"Just promise you'll participate in all training Sam does for a while. And, listen to the Cullen's. Especially the doctor. They know more about their world than we do," Paul said. I smiled at him, but I was really confused. He'd never liked the Cullen's and now he was calling Carlisle by his name and not Doctor Leech and saying how they needed to be appreciated more. Something was up with him, but I wasn't sure it was all bad.

"Yeah, of course. Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked. "I just feel bad about it all and wanna help however I can."

"Um, ask Emily to get me a milkshake or a smoothie," Paul said. "My wallet is on the nightstand. Dest, give him some money out of it."

"Here," I said, handing the boy a ten dollar bill from Paul's wallet.

"Anything special you want?" Bobby asked.

"He likes chocolate milkshakes and strawberry banana smoothies," I said, smirking at Paul.

"No, I don't. You do. A vanilla milkshake or a strawberry banana smoothie," Paul corrected.

"Alright, I'll go ask Kim and Jared for a ride. I'm sure they'll wanna see you next though," Bobby said before leaving the room.

"Where were we?" Paul asked.

"Paul, my boy," his dad said, walking into the open door of my bedroom.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about, but didn't know how to bring it up," I said softly, but I knew Paul would hear me.

"Who called you and what the hell are you doing here?" Paul asked, his anger increasing by the second.

"We came to tell you that we bought you a house, if you dump the girl," his mom said as if I wasn't sitting right there.

"I'm staying with Destiny and you're getting out. I don't care who called you. I'm fine. Leave," Paul snapped.

"We're not leaving without our son," his dad said.

"I'm not your son anymore. You decided that whore and alcohol were more important than me, so I decided that you weren't my dad," Paul said. "And, yes, it does work that way because you were a terrible father."

He was starting to shake like he wanted to phase, so I placed my hand on his forehead and tried to calm him down.

"Paul, do not talk to your father that way," Amanda snapped.

"Sam," I yelled. "And seriously guys. Get out."

"We don't have to listen to you," Amanda snapped.

"What're you gonna do? Hmm? Throw me into another wall? Maybe actually hit me this time? I can take whatever the hell you wanna throw at me, but do not go after Paul. He's been through a lot of crap in the last 24 hours and doesn't need anymore from you," I said, anger filling my voice. Sam came running up the stairs, his heavy steps pounding loudly and echoing through the whole house.

"Get out of my house," Sam said. He now stood in the doorway, taking up to entirety of the opening. "Don't come back."