Chapter 11

A few hours later, we were all hanging out while Em cleaned and Sam and Jared had Seth and Leah out training.

My phone started going off like crazy. I was honestly receiving a text every five seconds. I started reading through the texts from Bobby. He's sort of become my only friend since I moved here.

I clicked the call button, and started fidgeting nervously.

“What's wrong babe?” Paul asked.

“I don't know,” I said as the phone rang again.

“Hey Dest,” Bobby said, finally picking up.

“What's wrong?” I asked softly, trying to sooth his sobs.

“It's Taylor,” he said.

“Hey, shhh, what happened?” I asked.

“No one's heard from him in a few days. He, uh, went to Seattle a few days ago to see his sister and no one's heard from him,” he said.

“Bobby, Paul and I will be right over, okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, I'll, I'll, send you m-my address,” he said.

“We're on our way,” I said.

“Where are we going?” Paul asked.

“To Bobby's,” I said. “Taylor's missing. He hasn't been heard from in a few days.”

“Who's Taylor and Bobby?” Quil asked.

“None of your damn business,” Paul said, growing defensive. I knew he was only acting like this because Bobby and I are friends.

“Ouch,” Quil said quickly. He started acting as if he'd been shot in the heart.

“Quil,” Emily said, warning clear in her tone. She didn't want Paul phasing in her house and breaking anything.

“Yes, Mama Em,” he said, using a cute, although ridiculous, nickname a few of the younger pack members and given her.

“Hey, Em,” I said, walking into the kitchen.

“Yeah, what's up?” She asked as she took a break from cleaning to look at me.

“Paul and I are going to head down to Bobby's,” I said. Sam knows Taylor's family somehow, so Paul and I have been able to hang out with them whenever we want although we've never been to Bobby's house before.

“Be careful,” she said. “And check in every few hours. I'll let Sam know Paul's with you.”

“Thanks, sis,” I said, hugging her quickly before heading out to Paul's truck and getting in. The drive there was quiet. Eerily quiet. I didn't like the feeling I was getting.

“Babe,” Paul said, grabbing my hand. “Why are we at Chief Swan's house?”

“This is the address Bobby gave me,” I said, doubling checking what I'd put into the GPS on my phone. Sure enough, this is where we're supposed to be.

“Ignore that feeling,” Paul said as we got out of the truck. “Bella's leech is here.” He threw his head in the direction of a shiny, silver Volvo.

I knocked on the door quickly, hoping Bobby would answer and not Chief Swan.

“Hello, Mr. Lahote. You two must be here to see Bobby,” Chief Swan said answering the door.

“Yes, sir,” Paul said politely. I smiled softly and thanked Chief Swan as he let us into the house.

“Hey,” I said softly, walking into the living room where Bobby was sitting with tear stained cheeks. He had soft brown curls in his hair that made him look like a younger version of Chief Swan.

“Hi,” he said softly.

“Bobby, why didn't you call us sooner?” Paul asked.

“We can handle this,” an angelic voice said. I felt Paul tighten up beside me and knew it must've been Edward Cullen.

“We don't need you to handle anything,” Paul snapped.

“You're in our territory now,” Edward hissed.

“Boys,” Bella and I chided at the same time.

I moved to sit beside Bobby and I knew Paul was trying to stay calm. I couldn't see him shaking or anything, so I hoped he wouldn't phase.

“Have you tried talking to his parents?” I asked.

“His, uh, his mom and stepdad don't know about us. His dad hasn't heard from him since he went to visit his sister. He-he’s just as worried as me,” Bobby said, calming slightly, but not enough.

“When was the last time you got a text from him?” I asked.

“Th-three days ago,” Bobby said.

“Chief Swan, I mean no disrespect, but isn't there something you can do?” I asked.

“Taylor's 18,” he said. “All we can do is look for him.”

“Have you headed into Seattle yet?” I asked.

“I c-can hardly f-fun-function, and y-you except me, cr-crap, exp-p-pect me to le-leave the house?” Bobby asked sarcastically.

“Why don't you go shower? Paul and I will try and call Taylor again. Then, if it's okay, we can head down to Seattle,” I said.

“S-sounds good,” he said, wiping his nose as he stood up and headed upstairs.

“Why?” Bella asked. “Seattle's huge. You're giving him a false sense of hope.”

“Do you know something about what happened to Taylor?” I asked. Paul dialed the phone, trying to reach Taylor. He called multiple times and Everytime it went right to voicemail.

“No,” she said. I glanced around the room quickly, noticing instantly that Chief Swan had left the room.

“If I find out he ended up in that stupid newborn army, I will make it my life's goal to end your existence,” I said, glaring at Edward.

“You're like half a human. You can touch me,” he snickered.

“I don't need to,” I said, smirking at him. I knew Paul would be more than happy to have a reason to hurt Edward or the rest of the Cullen's for that matter.

“Paul, I'm going to head down to the station and print off some missing person flyers,” Chief Swan said.

“Alright, we can stop and pick them up if you like,” Paul said. He received only a nod in response before the door shut and Chief Swan was gone.

Twenty minutes later, Bobby finally found his way back downstairs and we headed on our way.