Chapter 38

"Destiny, hon, I need you to wake up," someone said softly. I felt a firm yet gentle hand gripping my shoulder and shaking me gently to try and wake me. I groaned slightly and tried to move away from the hand and voice.

"Destiny, you have to wake up," the same voice said. It finally registered that it was the nurse talking to me. My body felt normal, or as normal as it can when you're waking up from surgery.

"I'm up," I said softly, trying to peel my eyes open. I groaned slightly at the light that was making opening my eyes difficult. I closed my eyes tightly for a few seconds before I finally got them open. Dr. Adams was standing near me, and behind her was my family, well, what's left of it.

"Destiny, everything went perfectly. W few days and you should be a okay to go home," Dr. Adams said. I nodded tiredly.

"Thank you," I said softly. She nodded before reminding me not to get out of bed and leaving with the nurse.

"How do you feel?" Emily asked. She pressed the button on the bed to allow me to sit up and look at them.

"Fine," I said. "It doesn't feel weird yet. There's still phantom feeling."

"There's what?" Sam asked, his voice stern even though I could tell he was trying to tone it down.

"Phantom feeling or pain. It basically means my brain still thinks that my leg is there and that there's still pain in it," I said.

"If you're still in pain, why did you choose to have your leg amputated?" Paul asked.

"It'll fade eventually," I said, smiling at him softly. He looked worried, so I reached my hand out for him since I couldn't stand up. He walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Stop worrying," I said.

"Probably not going to happen," he said. I rolled my eyes at him, causing him to lean down and kiss my forehead. I smiled at his actions and interwove our fingers. His thumb moved across my hand nervously, so I pressed my hand to his slightly more in attempt to calm him through the imprint bond.

"Hey, Dest," Alex said, walking over to the bed.

"Hey, Alex. How're you?" I asked.

"Good. You?" He asked.

"Exhausted," I replied. He smiled at me while rolling his eyes.

"Here's your necklace back," he said, clasping it around my neck again.

"Thank you, Alex," I said, releasing Paul's hand long enough to hug my twin. He returned the hug for a second before pulling away and going back to his seat in the corner.

"Look, I love you all, but I'm actually really tired," I said.

"How?" Paul asked.

"It's called recovery," Alex said sarcastically.

"Alex," Emily chided.

"Love you, Xander," I said, smiling at my twin.

"Love you too, Rosie," he said, returning the smile.

"Wow, teaming up on me, are you?" Paul asked, faking offense.

"Well, duh," I said. "Embry will side with us too."

"Ouch," he said.

"Calm down. I love you," I said.

"Love you too, Destiny," Paul said.

"Dest, get some sleep," Sam said. It sounded like an order but I was suddenly way too tired to care.

I pulled the blankets closer to my body and closed my eyes, barely having time to lay down before I was out.