Chapter 68

A/N: Sorry about the inactivity recently. I was on vacation with my family for the past five days and I didn't have any time at all to write. I'm really sorry about not updating. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll try to write more soon.
   -Erynn

The next day, Claire was running into my room acting like a crazy person at six am. Her mom was still missing, but she didn't seem to care. It worried me that she wasn't more upset, but I guess a lot has to due with her imprint bond with Quil and therefore her connection to the pack.

"Claire Bear," I said softly. "It's too early for this. Let's get some more sleep."

"Dessy, wake up. We're going to the beach," she said. She jumped onto my bed, hitting me repeatedly with her stuffed wolf that goes everywhere with her.

"Tomorrow Claire, and Aunt Dessy is still very tired and wants some more sleep," I said.

"Claire, go wake up Uncle Sam," Paul said, redirecting her attention away from us.

"He's up," she said.

"What about Uncle Alex?" Paul asked.

"Good idea Pauly," she said.

"I'm full of 'em," he said. She took off running for my twin brothers room to wake him up.

"Don't worry. Embry had midnight patrol and then he had to go home," Paul explained.

"Thank you," I said. "But, I wasn't too worried about her."

"We do have to get up eventually, but for now we can lay her-," he was cut off by a wolf howling outside.

"Go. I'll be here when you get back," I said. He kissed my forehead quickly before running downstairs and slamming the back door open. I mumbled a quiet I love you, hoping he'd hear me. I heard three different people phase and knew that one of the others must've slept on the couch or something.

"Dest, wanna get up and help me with breakfast?" Emily asked, peeking her head into my room.

"Yeah, of course," I said. I sat up, pulling my prosthetic on before heading down to where Emily was already working on breakfast.

"Thanks hon. They'll be hungry when they get back," she said.

"Nomad?" I asked lowly. I knew Becca was floating around here somewhere since she came down for graduation, but I didn't know where she was. Emily only nodded as a set of footsteps sounded from the stairs.

"Morning sunshines," Becca said happily as she sat down at the table.

"Morning Bec," I said, handing her a cup of coffee. She took it gratefully, holding the mug between her hands for warmth.

"What else needs done Em?" I asked as I finished making the last of the pancakes.

"Nothing," she said. "Just the waiting game now." I nodded in agreement and made myself some coffee. I headed into the living room to drink my coffee and watch the news. God, I sound like such an old person.

"How's the weather looking for a beach party?" Emily asked, walking into the living room for a minute.

"Good. It looks pretty good," I said. Alex and I's graduation party is tomorrow on the beach, so we're kind of hoping the rain will hold off. So far, it looks like it should. I heard the familiar howl of one of the pups, sounding like someone was hurt and instantly tensed.

"Destiny, Sam needs you. Now," Jared snapped. Emily took the mug from my hands and I headed out back as fast as I could.

"What's going on?" I asked, glancing around anxiously.

"It's Paul," Sam said and my whole world froze.