Perception

pəˈsɛpʃ(ə)n/

noun

noun: perception; plural noun: perceptions

1.

the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.

...

She rushed inside the building where she was called and the thing she was most afraid of , happened in front of her eyes . Her grandma's dead body was being taken in the post mortem room in front of her eyes . Her mind went blank . Something anchored her body to the ground that she was unable to move . Her eyes were fixated on the ground . Her senses were numb until someone shook her to bring her back to reality . 

"Ma'am ! Ma'am !", a female police officer spoke . She tilted her head to see her in confusion .

"Please can you come inside ?", the police officer asked .She simply nodded .

Adrina got seated on a chair and the police officer opposite to her . The police in the department were hectic and many of them were in a rush for different cases but Adrina did not notice anything , in a pure state of shock . She didn't even realize that she was being asked questions by the police . 

"Excuse me Ma'am!", the police officer said then Adrina came back to reality .

"Y-Yes ", Adrina said .

"You must be the closest relative to the victim.", the police said . Their impetuous use of the word "victim" to her grandmother hurt her a lot . 

"Ye-yes ... ", she replied not entirely focusing on the conversation .

"When did you last see her?", the police asked .

"Before she was going to the airport .", she replied staring blankly on the ground.

"Airport ?", the police asked and she simply nodded vigorously .

"But her body was found in the westwoods in an incomplete building .", the police said scribbling a word or two in a small notebook . Adrina realized something when she heard the words" incomplete building" .

"Wait .... incomplete building in the woods ?", she asked shaking a little .

"Yes in the woods ? do you know it ?", the police asked .

"I don't kn-know ... Jayden?", she got interrupted when Jayden entered the police station . The police officer turned her head . 

"Excuse me ... May I know what relation do you have with eachother?", the police asked .

"She is my fiancee .", he replied and Adrina suddenly hugged him and cried in his shoulders . His heart felt heavy with a feeling of remorse.

"Yo-You know my grandma ... s-she is in that room ...d-dead .", she stuttered , trembling and shedding tears .He stroked her hair gently and hugged her tightly.

"Can you interrogate her after sometime ? She is not feeling well right now.", Jayden said .

"Please fill up the paper on the table before leaving .", the police said .

"Okay .", said he and did as told .

He took her to the car and got himself seated on the driver's seat . He looked at her , she was still trembling and muttering some words to herself . He drove off to her apartment . She did not leave his hand until they entered her room .

"Sit here ...I will bring something to drink .", he said and as he turned to leave , she clutched his hand tightly .

"I am here . ", he said and she let go of his hand . 

Suddenly the lights started flickering and it went off . Adrina , reached out for her tablets in a small table but something dragged her . She screamed and shouted then after sometime she saw Jayden rushing towards her . He carried her and kept her in bed gently . 

"Did you stop taking the tablets ?", Jayden asked handing her a glass of water .She did not reply .

"Adrina !", he said and she looked at him .

"I don't know ...I don't know Jayden ...I don't just know ...I don't know how a wonderful moment just got destroyed and I don't know who did this ?!! I don't know anything ....I just don't.", she said bursting into tears . 

"Try to rest and think nothing else I will be here .", he said sitting beside her .

"Okay .... just don't go .", she said resting her head on his chest .

She tried to sleep but the best she could do was just close her eyes and stay still . Soon , after Jayden slept , she went to the kitchen to drink water but while doing so , she felt a presence behind her so she turned back . She found Jayden standing behind her .

"Did you sleep well ?", he asked and she simply nodded .

"Did you even sleep ?! Don't lie to me .",he said suddenly getting aggressive . 

She simply shook her head in shock . He kept his hands on her shoulders and looked straight into her eyes . His eyes watering .

"I .... I am sorry ." he said looking down  .

"W-Why Jayden?", she asked clashing her eyebrows .  Instead of replying he just knelt down . Leaning on her legs .

"I caused all this . It's all my mistake .", he said bowing down with his hands rested on his thighs .

...

Is he really guilty?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter

🌹