Coercion

Coercion
/ʊˈəːʃ(ə)n/

noun
the action or practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats

...

"Take these folders to Ms. Luke.", Adrina said.

Jayden snatched the folder and started walking away.

"Hey.... don't you have manners?", Adrina asked.

"Soooorrryyy, boss.", Jayden said in an irritating tone.

"After giving the folders, come in my office.", Adrina said.

"Okay... boss.", Jayden said and walked away.

"Oh god! I don't think I can contain myself anymore. I would rather live on streets than work with this so called 'BOSS'. But the thing is, I can't.... I don't know if I will get another job after leaving this one. Shit! I actually am PATHETIC.", Jayden said to himself.

He gave the folders to Ms. Luke and returned to his boss's office.

"Yes, boss. Am I needed?", Jayden asked trying to be polite.

"Yes. Actually, you were late for office so as a reward I want you to filter this presentation.", Adrina said.

"Boss, but I was only few hours late!", Jayden said.

"Huh?! Do you know how much work can be done in that 'FEW HOURS'?", Adrina said.

"But-", Jayden said.

"NO BUTS! Now, get to your work. You have to finish it till tomorrow.", Adrina said sternly.

"Ok, boss.", Jayden said again gritting his teeth and clenching his fist. After all, that's all he could do.

...

"Thanks, buddy!", Jayden said.

"This is the first and the last time I am helping you.", Roger said.

"My boss will be so happy that she might give me promotion.", Jayden said.

"Well, don't expect the impossible. She is not at all how she looks like.", Roger said laughing.

"Maybe....", Jayden said.

"Oh. Shit! It's already 8:23. I gotta go." He continued.

"Ok. Bye and best of luck.", Roger said.

Few moments later, he reached his office. After entering the building, he directly headed towards his boss's office.

"Boss! I filtered the presentation!", Jayden shouted.

"Hold your horses! Took help from someone, huh?", Adrina said.

"No.. N-No, boss.", Jayden said.

"Don't lie. Because I don't like people who lie.... AT ALL!", Adrina said. Jayden could see a hint of darkness when she said that.