Elucidation

ɪˌl(j)uːsɪˈdeɪʃ(ə)n

elucidations

explanation that makes something clear; clarification.

...

Helpless was not a word to describe her in  the situation she was in . She held a glass of wine in one hand and leaned her head on the other . She was looking at the city lights sitting on a couch . A lot of unanswered question were wandering in her head . Her worries slowly started fading as much as she took a sip of  wine .

Jayden didn't feel like going back home after witnessing Ajax kissing  Adrina . He was heartbroken and still he didn't understand why was he heartbroken . Every step he took , it felt heavy like his heart . His heart longed to meet her but his mind debated not to . But he finally listened to his heart and went to her apartment .

The lights were still on but it seemed like nobody was present . Jayden further explored and went in her room . He found her with a bottle of wine in one hand and was turning towards the window .

A soothing music was playing in her room and she was enjoying it . She turned back sensing someone entering the room and she found Jayden . She struggled to walk towards him as she was drunk . She was about to fall but he caught her .

"You finally came ?", asked she smiling .

"You are drunk . You need to rest .", said he gently walking her towards the bed .

"Rest . Rest. Rest . How much should I rest ?!", she said getting annoyed .

"Then just sit . I will bring dinner here .", he said immediately leaving her .

"Are you still mad at me for what you saw today?", asked she sadly .

He stopped when she said that .

"No . There is no reason to be .", he replied without turning .Adrina's chest felt heavy as this words slipped from his lips.

"Are you going to leave me?", Adrina asked while hugging him from behind.

Jayden didn't bother to say another word.

"Please don't leave . I really need you .", she said .

"You are drunk .", said he trying to remove her hands from him .

"I may be drunk but these words are sober.", she replied tightening her grip .

"I need to shower .", he said pretending to be annoyed .

He felt something wet on his back and he realized that she was crying . He turned and made her sit on the edge of the  bed and he sat beside her .

"Okay I am not mad just hurt .", he said feeling a little awkward as he scratched his neck,"I saw you kissing that guy Ajax or something..."

Adrina caught his hand and made him sit with her.

" He was my boyfriend and the person with whom I had a child when I was 17 years old. Soon he left me after knowing I carried his child.", she said, her voice ready to crack any moment from the lump stuck on her throat.

Jayden's eyes rounded with shock and guilt.

"That was why she had to take tablets to control her depression ?", he thought .

"No I was not and I am not . I swear I will kill him . And you still are together like before after all these things happened !?", he asked .

"No ... we are not ..... but he wants me ..", said she avoiding eye contact with him .

"What do you mean "wants you"?",asked he furrowing his eyebrows .

"He wan-ts to marry me .", replied she .

"And do you feel the same for him?", asked he seriously .

"I-I don't know . All I know is I am scared .... scared to lose you .", she replied .

"Did he threaten you ?", he asked looking in her eyes and raising his voice .

Adrina was about to nod her head but then she remembered what Ajax told her "So, I can do anything to him?". She knew Ajax  could anything to him . But most importantly she was afraid that Ajax would tell Jayden about her truth , which she really didn't want. She was afraid of Ajax after knowing what he could do and how far he can go .

"No but how did you know each other?", asked she trying to change the topic .

"Well.....we met in a mental asylum..", said he avoiding eye contact with her .

"What the f*ck ?! mental asylum?", cried she opening her mouth .

"No no no . Its not what you think . My mom , she was in the mental asylum and so was his . We used to go to a specific room to meet our moms and eventually we ended up becoming good friends . Our friendship lasted for like three years and he went to Switzerland .", he said .

"Why was your mom admitted to mental asylum?", she asked furrowing her eyebrows .

"Come on . Don't you know mad people are in mental asylum?", he said sarcastically but deeply hurt ,"But I was the only person to know she was not mad ..... She used to talk to me like a mother did ...... We used to go to carnivals and festivals together before she was admitted to a mental asylum ...... She used to make me laugh and she never cried in front of me because she knew I would fall apart!"

" .......I also went to convince my dad that she was not insane but he was blindly in love with his so called "second wife" ....... I hate Ron because of her . She accused my mother being mad .... She made my dad fall in love with her just because she was in love with his wealth..... My mom is my world.....That b*tch tore my world apart ..... My mom committed  suicide because she could no longer keep up with the tortures of the asylum ....I sill remember my mom told me "sorry" before that ..".

When he said that tears fell of his eyes after a useless attempt of holding it . Adrina hugged him .She could feel the pain that he had gone through . He hugged her back and started crying .

"I am really sorry to hear that . Your mom really must be proud to have a brave son like you . You had been dying to speak to someone about this , right?", she asked with assuaring smile .

He simply nodded . He could feel her cosy hug , which felt like his mother's . Thought she was smelling like alcohol , it was still sweet . 

"You really had the best mom . I wish I had  a mom like yours ."she said slowly breaking the hug .

"Why?", asked he innocently , his eyes swollen .

"She was never proud of me . You mom took you to carnivals , hugged you , kissed you . But... for me , only if my mom touched me lovingly , I would be the happiest person on earth....Yes... she did touch me b-but ..... every time she did I would be left with another scar or wound .", she said faking a smile . Tears filled in her eyes .

Jayden was utterly speechless .He could feel what she had gone through . He felt like he had not even gone through half of her pain seeing his past . He now realized why her personality was that way . 

But little did he know ... that he had to know a lot more about her and her past .

...

Secrets : disclosed

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

🌹