Culmination

kʌlmɪˈneɪʃ(ə)n/

noun

noun: culmination; plural noun: culminations

1.

the highest or climactic point of something, especially as attained after a long time.

...

She entered her apartment carrying the grocery items. She looked in and was quiet surprised as the door was unlocked by someone , must be her grandma she thought . Her phone vibrated through her jeans and she picked it up .

"Hello.", she said .

"Adrina . Sorry , but I got some urgent work ... So can you make dinner by yourself and eat it and sleep. Don't wait for me .", her grandma said .

"Okay ... Come soon .", she said and hung up the phone .

"She is having a lot of urgent works lately ..... But .... Don't overthink now ... She's alright .", she said to herself .

"And what's with that bag?", she asked .

"Umm.. I didn't want you to know but actually , I have to leave . I have to go back to town . I wanted to say goodbye properly but ...Anyways I will delay my flight . ", grandma said .

"Why? So suddenly ?I will manage everything . Just stay .", she said .

"I have to go . Stay safe . Stay strong . Take this because I won't be here for long .", grandma said handing her a pendant with blue stone .

"Why does this seem like a last goodbye ?", Adrina asked but her grandma simply shook her head .

"See... Adrina , I came here just for your wedding and I have got a lot of pending work in town too. See, I might not be safe her , that's what you told me and sent me to town so I am doing what you want .", grandma said .

"But that's so soon ..... I mean you said to go after our marriage . ", she said , a little surprised .

"Understand my child .... I love you .", grandma said and smiled .

"Okay .. so , let me leave you to the ai-", she got interrupted .

"I don't want to trouble you . I will go by taxi .Now.. please don't insist . I will be fine and don't worry about me .", grandma said and left . Adrina saw her walk away leaving a pendant in her hand which once belonged to her . She clutched the pendant tight in her hands and went in her room . 

...

She was happily enjoying her married life with Jayden . She was in the beach with Jayden . The sunset and the golden sea with them both in the vacation . She was having a great time with him .She hit him playfully on his head . He started chasing her but she ran away from him . They both laughing . 

She ran from him until she bumped on a hard but delicate surface . She was a bit confused as to who it was . She turned back but Jayden was seen no more . He disappeared . She looked up at that guy whom she bumped with . Her eyes were wide open and her lips were apart . Her Felt hard to breath . 

She woke up , again a nightmare . She was scared , confused , nervous any bad feeling you can name of . Her skin covered with sweat and was damp . She went to the kitchen to drink water.

...

After that , she could not sleep so, she rested on her couch looking at some of the folders and files on her laptop . As she was scrolling through her laptop , she slowly forgot about her dream .She was trying her best to concentrate but she couldn't help but think about him and especially the party . She was blushing and smiling to herself at the thought of him . Again, her phone vibrated and she picked it up .

"Hello , Is this Adrina Astor speaking?", a deep voice spoke .

"Yes ... what's the matter ?", she asked .

"Can you please reach the New York police department as soon as possible?", the voice said .

"Why?....What happened ?", she asked , her heart beating so hard that she could hear it .

"I cannot elaborate on the phone . Please, Just come in the police department as soon as possible . It's urgent ." the person said .

"Okay .", she said and cut the phone . 

She quickly put her jacket on and took her car keys . Her head filled with questions and heart filled with worries . She called her grandma to let her know that she wasn't in home but her phone was not reachable . She hurried to her car and drove . She suddenly turned cold and pale when she suddenly realized ..... Her grandmother did not pick up the phone and the police were calling her . Does that mean ?...

...

She's arrested ?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

🌹