Resumption

ɪˈzʊm(p)ʃ(ə)n/

noun:

resumption;

plural noun:

resumptions

1.

the action of beginning something again after a pause or interruption.

...

Again the sound of her heels clinked in the white marble . She looked around in her office and felt really good to be back after a long time . None of the employees dared to look straight in her eyes while greeting her . Rumors had spread that she was a murderer and was utterly insane . She happily greeted them despite of getting greeted in that way . They also noticed this change in her . 

"Hello , Sarah .", Adrina said getting seated in her chair .

"H-Hello ma'am . ", Sarah replied looking on the ground . 

"Hey you don't need to be scared of me because of the rumors . So , tell me what had happened when I was away .", Adrina asked and smiled . Sarah was a bit taken aback by that response .

"The sales have gone really low . Ajax sir would not make presentations for meetings at all and sometimes he would not attend any of them . He didn't do any work himself and he told me to handle everything . I am really sorry that because of me the company is in this crisis .", Sarah said and tilted her head down .

"That's not your fault . You don't need to be shamefaced . I am really glad that at least you tried your best . Now since I am here , I won't let anything like that happen to this company or any of you .", Adrina said and gave an assuring smile .

...

It was already evening and Adrina was busy working in her office . She had to work a lot to bring the company at the top . Every second was precious to her right now . She had to work real quick because an important meeting was going to be held soon . Her eyes were glued to her computer screen when suddenly her phone vibrated in her pocket . She picked up her phone  .

"Hello .", she said balancing her phone with her neck and shoulder . 

"Busy huh?", a familiar voice spoke .

"Jayden?", she asked .

"Yeah babe . Are you gonna be busy all night ? ", he said .

"All night ?", she asked playfully smiling to herself  . She took her phone in her hand and placed on her ears .

"I didn't mean that actually . I mean .... we could go for a dinner you know ?", he said .

"Ahhh.....I'd love to but there is an important presentation coming soon and you know what is the situation of my company right? Can we do it this weekend ?", she said . 

"Ummm.... okaayyy . But .... it's fine .", he said and hung up the phone .

"He must be really mad at me .", she said and sighed . 

Sarah entered Adrina's office panting and rested her hands on her knees to catch her breath . Adrina got up from her seat and handed her some water . 

"What's the matter ?", she asked . 

"The meeting which was said to be held on thursday is going to be held tomorrow ."; she said still breathing heavily .

"Wait ... I thought I got the correct information ?", Adrina said clashing her eyebrows . 

"I got the same information . But when I was talking to my fiancee , who is also working in another textile company , said it was tomorrow . Ma'am I really don't know what should we do now and it is really important meeting . Many people have left this company because of the decreasing reputation and I think we are completely ruined .",Sarah said and frowned .