Instigate

ˈɪnstɪɡeɪt/

verb

bring about or initiate (an action or event

...

He slowly dabbed a cotton on her bruised skin . His eyes were busy scanning her annoyed face instead of her wounds .

"I won't hurt you or anyone . You know that right .", said Ajax .

She just nodded .

"Speak up . I don't like to be disrespected .", he demanded .

"Y-yes .", she replied .

He smirked at her reply .

"I like when you can't dominate me .", said he .

She shot a cold stare at him without speaking a word .

"Oh . Sorry . I shouldn't provoke a kitten . ", he spoke with a grin .

"Enough Ajax ! I ain't your kitten .", she said gritting her teeth .

He tilted his head and smirked .

"You haven't changed a little .When should we get engaged ?", he said .

She scrunched her face and looked away in revulsion .

"Yeah . I too think we need to get engaged soon .", he said upon getting no reply .

"I never sai-", she spoke .

"Disrespect . I think I mentioned that . You didn't reply so I made the decision . And its final .", he said solemnly .

She kept quiet .

"Next week . We will get engaged next week .", he said .

Her lips parted and her face turned pale . She wanted to oppose but she knew the consequences that were supposed to happen . She kept quite.

" I love you . Especially when you get surprised like that . ", he said cupping her cheeks . She flinched .

...

"Did you take your tablets ?"! asked Jayden as soon as he entered the apartment .

"Mmhmm", replied Adrina .

He instantly threw his bag and folded his shirt . He walked towards the kitchen . He was getting ready to make dinner when he a mouth watering smell hit his nose . He furrowed his eyebrows .

"You made dinner ?", asked Jayden .

"I made it my friend .", said Ajax smiling and coming out from the bathroom .

"How come you are here ?", asked Jayden puzzled .

"Wasn't I supposed to be or are you jeal- ?", Ajax said smirking .

"I don't have a problem if you stay .", said Jayden promptly .

"Guys can we have dinner ?!", Adrina said trying to stop the upcoming arguement .

Ajax suddenly wrapped his hands around Adrina's waist and kissed her cheek .

"Yes babe .", Ajax said smiling and looking at Jayden .

Jayden was utterly speechless when he saw Adrina was not reacting to his touch . He rolled his eyes at him .

"So you are staying here tonight ?", asked Jayden trying to have a normal talk as possible .