Envy

ˈɛnvi/

nounnoun:

envy;

plural noun:

envies

1.

a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

...

There was silence , the only thing heard were the wheels moving . Jayden tried breaking the ice by asking random questions but all in vain . She would cut it off telling she wants to rest . But finally she asked .

"Did you exchange numbers ?", Adrina asked .

"Hmm.. who?", Jayden replied .

"Sarah .", She asked directly .

"Yeah .... she was quiet friendly and she told me how you were in the office .", he said focusing on the road . 

"I see", she said peeking from the car's window .

"Wait .. are you jealous or something ?", he asked smirking but still focusing on the road .

"No.. why would I be ?...Just focus on the road. ", she said slightly blushing .

Soon they reached at her apartment . They did get a call from Adrina's grandma that she was away for some work . They got in the apartment .

"You should go sleep and have some rest . ", he said 

"I too think the same . I have to go to the office tomorrow .", she said .

"You are just stressing yourself too much . Your health is important than that company .", he said .

"My company is important and it will be in complete loss if I don't manage it soon .", she said and headed to rest . 

She was uncomfortable when he said that because she felt like he was searching for excuses ... excuses to spend time with her... with Sarah . 

"I don't need to be jealous . I know he is mine .", she thought to make her comfortable . 

...

FLASHBACK

"Baby .... Listen to me .... What will mom think if she gets to know this ? You will definitely be thrown out of this house . You will be homeless . You won't have food to eat . So, it's better if you keep your sweet mouth shut .", the man said . 

Silent cry , because she didn't dare to scream or even speak . Her whole body was sore . She ran to the bathroom and sat on the tub full of water . She took the soap and rubbed it all over her skin until her skin were covered in red rashes . She felt so dirty . She took a knife and tried to peel off her skin but the pain didn't let her . Her hands were covered in freshly cut bruises. Blood flooded from her skin .

"tsk..tsk... I told you Do not do anything stupid . See again . What will you tell to your mom . Let me help you with your bruises .", that disgusting man said and dabbed some cotton dipped in alcohol .

"I hate you . You are disgusting !", she said and spitted on his face . 

He got really angry and his wrath knew no limit . He quickly got some scissors and made a cut on her collarbone . Blood spluttered . She screamed in pain .

...

After a few hours she woke up .Again the nightmares started recurring .  She saw Jayden entering her room with two mugs of coffee . She faked a smile to cover up for her fear . He handed the coffee and noticed that she was sweating slightly . He placed one of his hands on her head to see if she had a fever but she didn't .

"What happened ? Did you see a nightmare again ?", he asked getting concerned . 

"Yeah . Not a big deal though .", she said and sipped the coffee . 

"By the way . We can't have dinner this Friday. ", he said seriously .

"I understand sorry I forgot you also have some works to do .", she said getting sad . 

"Because we will have a party about the announcement of our wedding in my mansion .", he said .

She hugged him tightly and her eyes were filled with tears . She didn't cry because she was happy but because she was in a dilemma of whether she should marry him or not . She feared that she could hurt him because of her illness . But she knew she could not say no . 

"I am really thankful to have someone like you beside me . Thank you for everything Jayden . But I fear that I ... I might hurt you .", she said still hugging him . 

"Why?", he asked breaking the hug .

"See you know me and about my past . I am not able to .. to understand myself and you also k-know I can hurt .. anyone ...e-even you .",she said , tears rolling down from her cheeks .

"I love you because of who you are . So, I will also love if you hurt me . I love you and also in love with  your insanity ...", he said looking right through her . 

Her lips were parted in surprise . She was dumbstruck . He kissed her on her lips and said , "You better only belong to me . " 

...

Add some cheese !

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

🌹