Convene

Convene
/kənˈviːn/

verb
come or bring together for a meeting or activity; assemble

...

"Finally.", Jayden said after walking for fifteen minutes, carrying the suitcase to his friend, Roger's house.

"So, how was the trip?", Roger teased him.

"Aren't you supposed to help your friend right now rather than asking that f*cking question?!", Jayden said angrily.

"Oh ho ho... get some ice. But honestly, you look pathetic. Let me help you with the suitcase.", Roger said.

"I know right. Thanks... I mean for carrying the suitcase.", Jayden said.

"So, I thought you were enjoying your Bruh's' birthday party and suddenly you called and said you will come over to my house. So, what's the deal?", Roger asked.

"Something related to the company. You should know better.", Jayden replied.

"Ok... Wait... Is it about money, investors and things like that?", Roger asked.

Jayden laughed.

"Finally, you got a chance to get your attitude right.", Roger said.

"Shut up. So, now I am going to stay with you until this deal.", Jayden said.

"Are you out of your mind?! Did you forget that I have to go to Switzerland for my promotion!", Roger said.

"Huh!!!! Shit! Now what am I supposed to do?!", Jayden asked.

"Isn't it clear as crystal?", Roger said.

"Huh?", Jayden said.

"You are supposed to work, earn money for your living and pay back your father.", Roger answered his confusion.

"I know that, but the real deal is where will I stay now.", Jayden asked.

"Okay. I can postpone my flight for three days. So, I can stay for a week but after that I don't know.", Roger said.

"So sweet and cold at the same time like an ice cream.", Jayden said laughing.

"I know. I know. Unlike nasty attitude like yours.", Roger said.

"Now, ice cream is turning to dry ice.", Jayden said laughing.

"Oh god. Your jokes. Go take a..... wait! Is that a lipstick mark on your chin?", Roger said with a smile .

"Shit! I forgot to check myself after coming out of the club. Wait. That means I was arguing with my father with lipstick on my chin.", Jayden said with a hint of seriousness on his face.

"That is why, you look clumsy when you argue.", Roger said laughing.

"Okay.... enough laughing. Now, let me take a shower.", Jayden said laughing.

Roger has been best friend of Jayden as far as he could remember. They grew up together, studied in the same school and also graduated together. Roger knew Jayden very well. Even the fact that Jayden had a mole on his right butt-cheek. Whenever Jayden wanted advice, Roger was the person given priority.

...

Those words were still ringing on her head. She took a mug of coffee and sat beside her sofa looking at the beautiful view of New York City.

*Flashback*

"How can you be such an annoying child. I just did a huge mistake giving birth to a child like you!"

"Mom... I am really sorry."

"Now, shut up. And don't open your mouth when it comes to this matter. Go to your room now!"

*End of Flashback*

She cupped her head with her hand.

"I just want to forget it.", Adrina said.

...

"Okay... I am leaving.", Jayden said looking at his (Roger's) suit.

"Good luck. Hope you follow my advice.", Roger said.

"Okay. Thanks. Now, bye.", Jayden said.

Jayden left Roger's apartment and drove away to Astriol company. After few moments, he reached his destination. He entered the huge building.

"Excuse me. Can I please meet Ms.Astor?", Jayden said.

"Sir, Is your name Jayden Willsworth?", the receptionist asked.

"Yes.", Jayden replied.

"Sir, please go to floor no.100 and then straight. You will find her office.", the receptionist said.

"Thank you.", he said and went in the elevator. After a few minutes, he was on floor no.100.

The floor was polished and straight, you could see a glass door. As he entered the glass door, he saw a magnificent painting which definitely didn't look cheap.

"Woah! This place is way cooler than my dad's boring old-fashioned office.", Jayden said without realizing Adrina sitting on her chair.

"Thank you.", she replied.

"Oh sorry, Ms.Astor. Actually, I came here to talk about m-", he said.

"Your job.", she interrupted.

"Yes, that.", he said.

"Okay. So, here is your form. I can see that you've never had any job experience.", she said.

"Yes.", he said.

"Yes? Didn't learn values, huh?", she asked.

"Yes, Ms.Astor", he replied gritting his teeth.

"Now, Jayden. Since this is your first time working, I am going to make sure it's not going to be an easy one.", She said with blank expression.

"Ok, Ms.Astor.", he said clenching his fists. She was getting on his nerves slowly.

"Now, your work is going to start from today. For today, you can do some printing works.", she said.

"But ma'am, this is my first da-", he said.

"It would be better if you call me boss. And yeah, I know I just interviewed you today but you know I mentioned I am not going to go easy on you. And don't ever have expectations from this job.", she said.

Jayden furrowed his eyebrows and walked out of the room without saying a word.

"Am I going to be stuck with this 'boss' until I pay back? Uuggghhhh!", he said walking towards the elevator.

...

Maybe things will get steamy now .😏😂

Hello guys! Hope you are enjoying this book and if so please like and comment so that I can know your opinions on this chapter.

🌹

...