Climacteric

klʌɪˈmakt(ə)rɪk,ˌklʌɪmakˈtɛrɪk

/nounnoun:

climacteric;

plural noun:

climacteric.

a critical period or event.

...

Finally Jayden got the freedom to go to the club with his friends and how could he say no . He immediately got in his new car his dad had recently rewarded for being "independent " and drove away .

After sometime , he reached the club . He again looked at the bright lights which stated boldly " Marcus' Club" . He could again hear the people shouting . But instead of being excited about it , he was somewhat not interested . He forced himself in thinking he would forget about Adrina and stuffs related to her .

"Hey bruh!", said Deric  waving at him .

"Hi bruh !", he replied shaking hands with him .

"Do you remember you gave me a dope gift on my last birthday ?", asked Deric .

"Yup what about that ? You didn't like it ?", asked he suddenly serious.

"Why so serious myan! I got a new girl for ya . ", Deric said smirking and teasing him .

"No not interested .", he replied without thinking .

"What happened bruh ? so suddenly ?", Deric asked confused .

"I mean not interested right now .", said Jayden scratching his eyebrows .

"Ohk but ..", said Deric insisted .

"Please Deric . Not today .", said he getting a little annoyed .

"Ohkay fine . Why you look so off today ?", asked Deric .

"Nothing . Lets get the drinks up .", said Deric .

"Yasss bruh!", shouted Deric .

He sat near the table and started drinking . He eventually got drunk . His chest became warm as the result of drinking . His vision bacame blurry . All he could think of was Adrina . He saw Adrina approaching him and she suddenly started kissing him passionately he too replied with a kiss with the same passion .  He put her on the table and she wrapped her legs around his legs . She started unbuttoning his shirt and he soon realized that the person whom he was kissing was not Adrina but another woman whom Deric was talking about .

He instantly broke the kiss and apologized .

"Huh ? Why are you sorry for this?Lets finish our work .", she said .

Right now , he didn't know and didn't care what was going on as his head felt light and his eyes were blurry . 

She again kissed him and so did he . He didn't care with whom , he was just mentally frustrated .

"Lets go to my place .", she said .He wrapped his hands around her shoulder and nodded .

...

She looked at the paper in her hand . The card had intricate design which had "Invitation" written in italics . She turned the card and it read as "You are invited to the wonderful wedding of Mr. Myer and Mrs. Astor " .

"Should we give away the invitations?", he said looking at Adrina .

"Yeah . For the big day .", she said smiling .

"I guess its better to give it to Mr. Willsworth first . He gave us this wonderful opportunity to meet again .", he said lacing his fingers with hers .

"Yeah . That's better .", she said hesitating a little .

No matter how much she tried to show her happiness , a small hint of sadness could be seen in her ocean blue eyes.

"Let's start distributing then .", she said smiling.

...

He slowly opened his eyes , when a light breeze hit his bare skin . He was sleeping on a plush bed but he felt something heavy on his stomach . He looked down only to find an unknown girl's hand wrapping them . He promptly jerked her hands away . The girl opened her eyes and gave a puzzled look .The only thing wrapping her body was a thin fabric .

"Didn't you enjoy last night ?", the girl asked .

"What happened last night ?", Jayden questioned back .

"Come on ! Don't act innocent ? We hooked up .", the girl said as if she was proud at what she did .

"What the F*ck ?!Wait .... I know you .", he said clashing his eyebrows .

"I thought you already did . If you can't remember my name let me help you . Lia ", she replied .

"Oh sh*t . I didn't mean to-", he apologized .

"Oh stop it . You were pretty good .", Lia replied with a smirk .

He was angry at what he did . He felt like he cheated Adrina but then again he was never in relationship with her . He still was full of questions and still frustrated .

"Sorry . I will have to go now .", he said wearing his pants and shirt .

"You could stay a bit longer .. You know if you want to ?", she said straightening herself up with a grin .

"I have to go .", he said and hurried towards the elevator without even saying goodbye .

Eventually , he reached his home . When he entered the huge mansion , he saw his dad happy than he usually was . 

"Dad . I am home .", Jayden said smiling back at him .

"Oh ho . Son ! I guess we need to buy new suits !", his dad said hugging him .

"Why so dad?", Jayden asked smiling . 

"My half daughter is going to get married . ", his dad said raising his eyebrows in excitement .

"Who ? May i ask?", Jayden asked , his heartbeats were racing their pace . 

"Adrina ! Of course !Here look at her invitation .", his dad replied . 

He felt a lump on his throat and his eyes were stagnant .He took the invitation and went to his room and locked it .He knew this was gonna happen. He was not conscious about what was around him and he ended up breaking and destroying every single thing in his room . He now was so done with everything . The tears which flowed from his eyes  was now replaced with a vengeful wrath . 

...

Is this a love-hate story?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter! 

🌹