XXXIII {Brother}

{Courtney's POV}

I wake up on the couch with two strong arms around my waist. I carefully turn around to see a sleeping Shawn.

He looks so cute...

"How many times do I have to tell you that staring is rude?", he says out of nowhere, while his eyes are still closed.

"Oh shut up!", I say annoyed as I try to push me away of him. But as hard as I try, I can't get out of his grip.

"Shaaaaaawn," I cry, "let me goooooo..." He looks with awe at me, "what cute, you think that I will ever let you go. I won't let you go, even if it would be the last thing that I had to do if aliens would take over the planet and murder the population out."

I look confused at him and we both start to laugh. That laugh of him... I could listen to it everyday...

"Come on peeps," Karen yells out of the kitchen, "if you don't get changed quickly you'll be late for school!"

School! I almost forgot about that!

With all my strength I push me out of his hug and run to my room. I quickly pull out a dark green T-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. I mean, it used to be a normal pair of jeans, but if I can still use it, why not?

I search for some elastics to tie my hair. I make a quick, messy bun and change my contact lenses into my normal glasses, cause they are way more comfortable.

I put all my books into my bag and take my pencil case from the desk. After looking in my head for things I might forget, I throw my bag onto my back and rush downstairs.

When I walk into the dining room I see three plates on the table with pancakes on them. Aaliyah is already eating. When she sees me she smiles with her mouth shut, cause her mouth is full with food, and makes a gesture that I should sit.

I just go sit over her and start to eat my pancakes and OH MY GAWD! THEY ARE DELICIOUS! I shove some more pancakes in my mouth when I hear someone chuckle behind my back.

"Easy girl" Shawn says with a laugh as he takes a seat next to me. I slowly put down my fork and knife and swallow the pancakes. "Sorry," I say embarrassed, "it's just... I haven't eaten such a delicious breakfast in years."

"Well if you want more, don't be afraid to ask for it", Manny says, with a cup of coffee in his hand, as he takes a seat at the head of the table.

Not much later Karen joins us with some thee. After Shawn finished his pancakes - where I had to help him because of his hand and if I didn't help him he would eat them without hands - he can be such a child; I thank Karen for the delicious pancakes and follow him towards his car.

When we arrive at school, I see Nash, Cam and Matt already waiting for Shawn at the entrance of the school. They are such a good friends.

Shawn and I split up: he goes to his friends while I go towards my locker.

As I walk down the hallway, filled with chattering teenagers, it feels like everyone is staring at me. And not the usual look-it's-that-loser-again staring, but a different staring.

I arrive at my red locker, put away the books I don't need and take the ones I need, when I hear a couple of girls whispering to each other, "Why was she absent yesterday? You think it has something to do with Mendes?"

I just pretend like I didn't hear that and go to my first period, English.

{break}

"Ugh, finally!", Cam exclaims as we leave the classroom.

"Come on, biology isn't that bad!", I say while I walk towards my locker.

"Biology itself isn't bad", Shawn says and we stop at my locker, "but Mrs Bunn only brags about how bad it is with her love life! You think I care about how many men she already had and dumped her!? No!"

Cam starts to laugh and I take my books for the next two periods. They notice the other guys and walk towards them.

We have a break of 15 minutes right now. Most of the people use them to chill or to eat something, but I don't chill and I'm not hungry.

I close my locker and put my bag on my back again, when I hear someone yelling my name. I just ignore it and walk towards the guys when someone pushes me against the lockers.

"THERE YOU ARE!", Diana screams with furry, "YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH IT OR WHAT!?"

Her eyes are puffy and red, but you can see the anger in her look.

"Diana what the...", but she already interrupts me. "DON'T WHAT THE! FIRST YOU TAKE THE HEART OF MY BOYFRIEND AND NOW YOU ALSO TOOK MY BROTHER!? HOW DARE YOU TO SHOW YOUR FACE HERE!?"

"Diana," I try to calm her, "I don't know what you are..." But the next thing I feel is a fist against my face. I fall onto my knees and feel blood dripping from my nose.

Before she can hurt me more, Shawn and the rest of the guys hold her back.

"DIANA, CALM DOWN!", I hear Nash yell, but I only focus on Shawn. He takes my hand and carefully pulls me up whit his not broken hand.

"What happened?", he asks concerned as he search for something to clean the blood with.

"WHAT HAPPENED!?", Diana yells while other people also started to hold her back, "YOU ASK THAT STUPID NERD WHAT HAPPENED, BUT NOT ME!?"

Shawn clenches his fists, "Do. not. call. her. that."

"NO!? HOW SHOULD I CALL HER THEN, EH MENDES!? A MURDER!"

"What the hell are you talking about!?", Shawn asks confused.

"NO WAY!?", and she laughs sarcastic, "DIDN'T SHE TELL YOU? DIDN'T SHE TELL YOU WHY SHE WASN'T HERE AT SCHOOL YESTERDAY!?"

"No," I say before he can answer, "I didn't told him, but I don't understand why that makes you so..."

"HE WAS MY BROTHER!", she yells with tears in her eyes,

"MY ONLY BROTHER!"