VII {Surprise In The Attic}

{Courtney's POV}

"Thank you", I thank him.

"Don't thank me, I'm the reason they ruined your bike."

"How late is it?"

"Half past 5."

"Okay..."

And it's quiet for a moment.

"Look, if you need money for a new..."

"It's okay, this isn't the first time I'm gonna work to get money. I can take care for myself."

"Okay, but for now, I can bring you to school and pick you up."

"You don't need to do that, I'll just walk."

"Pff, you really think I'm gonna let you walk?"

"If you have to pick me up and bring me back, it's gonna be a detour."

"Well I don't care! If I have to bring you to Tokyo I would do that!"

"You would?"

"Of course, I already told you, I'm not that bad."

After those words I smile. I don't want to smile, but I smile. He starts his car and drives to my house. With the car it's only 30 minutes.

"Soooooooo, do you have any plans tomorrow?", he asks still focused on the road.

"Probably gonna search for a job."

"You know, I think that I know a place where you can work."

"It's really sweet of you, but it's okay."

"No I'm serious, it's a diner not far from school, a friend of me is the boss there and he loves it if I can find people who want to work there and that he can trust."

"I'm not sure..."

"At least hold it as an option."

"Okay, I will do hold it as a option." I roll annoyed with my eyes.

"You know I saw that right?", he laughs and I laugh with him.

"And after the job searching," he asks giving me a quick look, "do you got any other plans?"

"No, I'm probably gonna sit home, watch some tv."

"You know... Nash has a football game tomorrow... You can join me if you want...", he asks me with a smile.

"Hold on... Did THE Shawn Mendes asked me on a date? OMG I HAVE TO TWEET IT TO ALL MY FOLLOWERS!", I yell sarcastic with a high pitched voice.

"1. You suck," he says annoyed while I just giggle a little bit, "and 2. Not a date, just some hanging with some friends."

"But I don't have friends."

"You got me."

"Just because we had fun today and you're really sweet to me, doesn't mean that we're friends again."

"Why not?", he asks confused.

"Are you serious? You made fun of me; you humiliated me; you forced me to make your homework; you would beat the shit out of me for no reasons; you pretended that we never were friends; you started a lot of rumors; you... You ruined my whole school life. You know that?", I say angry and try to hold my tears in.

It's quiet for a moment again.

"I'm sorry."

I can hear his sadness in his voice, but I don't answer him.