XXXVIII {About The Tour}

{Courtney's POV}

We are next week Friday already. This weekend, there is again one of the magcon tour things! And I can't wait! I really have been missing the others, that's for sure.

You know, it's not that different without my dad. I always learned from young age how to take care of myself. The way the family Mendes treats me is different from what I'm used to - especially all that luxury - but I guess it's not that bad after a while.

At work it's also really chill. I'll admit, I missed working there with Rosie. The vibes there were always so fun and chill and she's really like the bigger sister I've never had.

There is just one thing that bothers me...

Shawn.

I don't know why, but I get a feeling that he's not telling me everything. This sounds really weird because I have no clue what he even should be hiding from me, but I don't know. It's just a feeling.

You know, now we are talking about feelings, I literally tried EVERYTHING to get Shawn out of my head, but he keeps crossing my mind. Ugh. I don't want to fall in love with him... But then again, I already did...

It's five past four and I'm searching for Shawn and the rest outside the school building. We have to be at the airport for our flight to Dallas around half past five and it's not that far from here. And when Shawn drives, we'll definitely be on time. The way that dude drives, jeez, I'm surprised if I get alive out of that iron on wheels.

I notice the white cabrio and walk towards it. When I arrive at his car, Nash, Cam and Matt walk away from the car. He hasn't noticed yet that I'm there cause he's busy with the guys.

"See you dude!", I see Cam waving to him. "Yeah, good luck!", Matt exclaims exited as they walk further towards the group with footballers.

"Why good luck?", I ask behind him, startling him. He looks behind him and I smile at him. "Oh Jezus Christ Courtney, you scared me", he laughs. I take a seat in the passenger seat and he starts the motor.

"No but seriously, good luck for what?", I question him while looking at him. He quickly looks away from me, back focusing on the road. "I..I don't know why... It's Matt, you know how he is." He plays a bit with his bracelets as he holds the steering wheel.

I just nod and he turns the radio on. Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood starts to play. He starts to sing along with the song really loud. But I'm only listening half to it.

He just lied to me, straight in my face. I can tell when he lies, most of the times (for example, the stuttering and the nervous playing with his bracelets). Why would he lie? And why did Matt wish him good luck? For what does he need good luck?

"Exited for Magcon?", I ask after the song finishes. "Are you?", he asks still focusing on the road. "Duh, I miss the rest! What is there not exiting about going with some of your friends to a state you've never been. And meeting people that look up to you and like you!"

"True", he simply says, not really giving me any more attention. Ugh, I give up.

Not much later we arrive at his place. I open the door - because I have the keys too now - and run towards my room. I get some clothes, my toothbrush and my guitar; put it all aside and check my phone.

I made twitter because the guys said that was a fun way to like talk with my fans, so I just read everyone's tweets. Most of them are really sweet. All the negative ones are mostly of Diana and her crew.

Why can't she LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!

I hear people discussing downstairs. Wait... What's happening down there!?

I walk down the stairs and hear the voices of Karen and Shawn.

"If you are not going to tell her I will! You had enough time!", she yells frustrated at him.

"Mom I still have enough time!", he answers back.

I go stand in the door opening of the kitchen. When they notice me they both get silent.

"Is there something wrong?", I ask them confused. She looks at Shawn and he looks back at her. Then he looks back at me.

"Wanna go for a walk around the park?", he offers. "Sure", I reply confused. He grabs my hand and drags me outside. He opens the door of the car and I take a seat. He also takes a seat and starts driving towards the park.

After less than 10 minutes driving, he parks his car and we both get out. He sneaks his arm around my waist - making those butterflies come alive - and together we walk.

There aren't that much people here. That's probably because it isn't the best weather to be outside right now. It's grayish and I bet it will start to rain every minute from now.

I see a lake next to me and recognize it. Here is the place where Shawn took me for my birthday! Awwww...

"So why you wanted to walk?", I ask him. We stop at one of the wooden benches and both take a seat on it.

"I don't know." He scratches the back of his neck with his left hand, "I needed some fresh air, Iguess."

"Oh yeah, why were you arguing with your mom?" He looks me in the eyes and then quickly looks away, to the lake. "Okay, I have to tell you it..."

I just look at him looking at the lake. Why is he such a piece of art!? Wait... What time is it...

"Shawn! We should go back, or we'll be late for our flight!", I say and pull at his arm, but he doesn't move. "You won't be late, trust me", he laughs, still looking at the lake. "Shawn why are you laughing!? This is serious! And we're both going to be late silly!"

"I'm not going to magcon."

I stop with pulling at his arm and look at him. I take a seat back next to him and ask confused, "What?"

"I'm going on a tour, you know, a real tour with Austin Mahone, and I'm not going to join magcon this time." I only look more confused at him.

So to put all the pieces on their place: he is going on a freaking tour with famous musicians or something like that, and that's why he won't join us to magcon...

"THAT IS AWESOME!", I exclaim exited and hug him. "Why you didn't told me that earlier!?"

"I.. I..." he tries to search for the words, but can't find them. He looks me right in my eyes, making my heart melt, and then says, "I couldn't get it over my heart, to tell you that... That I'm going to be gone for three months..."

I feel my laugh fading away, so I quickly fake one again, and it feels like someone hit my heart with a hammer. I don't have Shawn to protect me for three full months!? How am I gonna survive that!?

"I don't see why you couldn't get it over your heart?", I ask him without loosing eye contact. I see his face getting redder. So now it's the Mendes that's blushing or what, LOL...

"I mean.. You've always been a special girl to me.. You know..." He gently takes my hand and laughs a little while looking at it. "You were my best friend.. And even tho I didn't treated you like I should have treated you, you still gave me a second chance.. You know... And..."

He takes a deep breath. I feel my heart racing, like it could pop out of my ribs any time. We both look at each other and I don't why, but automatically I start to lean closer. Like, I don't even control my body anymore, my brain is just doing random shit, and I don't mind it. Everything goes again in slow motion. Our lips are so close that I can feel his warm breath. And out of the sudden-

A/n: whoops it's Monday, I forgot bout Sunday... second last chapter people!!!