Chapter 63: Gemma's Attack

April 1st, 2015. (A/n: also known as my 20th birthday- ew)

"Ahhhhh! It hurts so bad oh my god say something quick distract me please." I curl my fingers around the poor boy's wrist tightly till the skin turns pale, anything that will detract from the pain of the needle running along my skin, just above my hipbone- coincidentally the same place where Harry has his CJ but I'm not letting myself entertain the reasons why I chose here, in my mind it's solely because it's roughly where Grandma and Mum have theirs- give or take a few inches- but there's probably more to it than that.

"What do you want me to talk about?!" Niall shouts, flustered by the pressure I've put on him.

"I don't know! Anything, please just distract me, this hurts so bad why didn't I get drunk first I don't remember the last one hurting this bad." I clench my eyes shut, my teeth grinding and my neck straining back, anything to distract me from the pain.

"Ummm is that my shirt you're wearing?" He asks after looking around the room for a point of conversation.

I look down at the white and black 5SOS shirt I'm wearing. It's definitely not Niall's.

"Not exactly."

"Who's is it? I've never seen you wear that before..." HE looks at me nervously. Why?

"It's Harry's." I say, embarassed. I'm pathetic.

"Oh thank god, I thought you'd slept with Calum or something for a second there." He chuckles.

"No. Not my type. Why are you only noticing this now, you've been with me all morning. " My words come out distorted through my clenched teeth, how long does this tattoo take? Mum and Grandma must have really high pain thresholds.

"I think the more important question is why are you wearing one of Harry's shirts?" Niall looks at me with 'I see you' eyes and I glare at him.

"This is the only one I could find."

"Didn't answer my question Lola."

"Oh get a grip Niall why do you think I'm wearing one of his shirts? You're obviously going to get spotted today with me which means photos of me wearing his shirt will be everywhere and he will see and I just want to remind him that I still exist and I still care." That little speech was a really good distraction from the tattoo pain, ta Niall.

"Hmm-mmm." He waggles his finger mockingly, and then laughs at himself.

"Sassy." I stick my tongue out at him.

"All done." The tattoo artist, Blaze, interrupts us, the pain on my skin finally stopping.

"Oh thank god." I breathe, sitting up.

"I've still got to bandage it, it's a bit red but you can take a picture first if you want." He shrugs, packing everything away.

"Niall?" I ask and he nods, taking a picture of the outline of a flower that I just had permanently marked onto my skin.

"You should post it on your twitter and pretend its yours, people would die." I joke and he shoves my shoulder while Blaze attempts to bandage the tattoo.

"That's so cruel." He shakes his head, laughing.

"Oh go on...you know you want to." I coax.

"You are a bad influence Miss Jones." He shakes his head, but I see him start typing.

"You're actually doing it aren't you?" I burst into laughter as Blaze instructs me that I can stand up and fix my outfit.

"Yep, done." Niall grins, showing me his phone.