Chapter 11: Something.

“So I can tick four things off my list after today.” I murmur as we lay on the sand, staring at the stars. Even with the fire it was starting to get cold, so I had to dry off and get changed back into my clothes.

“Only 46 to go.” Harry smiles, turning on his side to face me. I should hate the close proximities of our body, but it creates extra warmth and Harry’s presence has always had a calming effect on me.

“44 actually.”

“Wow, you’re speeding through.”

“Yeah, but some of them are really hard. Like how am I supposed to understand the true meaning of destiny? I’m a bit sceptical about all that.”
“Maybe it’ll just happen.” He shrugs.

“Hopefully.”

“I hope that I can…somehow show you that you can trust me, Char. I know I hurt you, and I know you probably don’t even want to talk about this right now but it’s literally all I can think about. I fucked up, so badly and I know that. But I am so positive that we belong together, you’re going to see that.” He whispers, even though we’re the only ones on the beach and he really doesn’t need to.

“I thought if we belonged together it would’ve happened ages ago, it shouldn’t take this long.’” I impersonate him, those words he’d said to me months ago that imprinted into me from the pain they inflicted.

“What?” His face pales, his voice cracks.

“You said…you told me, back when I wanted to be with you, you said if we were meant to be together, it would’ve happened by now, and that we wouldn’t work because I’m too busy and you’re never in the same place for long enough.” I elaborate, my words sounding so much harsher than I intended.

“Char I didn’t meant that. I was in denial, I was scared, I’ve never loved anyone as much as I loved you.” He frowns.

Loved?

“I know you were, but you’ve felt like that before, how do I know that if we ever got together, you wouldn’t question everything and would get bored? I’m not some international supermodel, I’m not Fleur, I’m not Taylor Swift, I’m just me.”

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore Char. It’s not like we can do anything before the year is up anyway, per your rules, so don’t overthink anything yet.”

“You’re right.” I’m stressing over a relationship that is probably never going to happen, my heart is too guarded to let him in again.

“I know I am. I’m always right.” He sticks his tongue out and laughs, immediately lightening the mood.

“Please, you are not. Remember that time you spelled Columbia wrong, when you were in Columbia?”
“Someone was stalking my twitter while they claimed to hate me…” He grins proudly.

“I wasn’t even, everything in my fucking feed is always somehow linked to you. I need to unfollow lots of people.”
“Okay, but not me.”

“Am I even following you?” I question, remembering that I have unfollowed him so many times before when I was angry at him.

“You fucking better than me, follows are few and far between in my world.” He frowns, grabbing my phone from the sand.

“You have a message from Matt, he wants to know where you are.” He groans.
“Ugh he’s so creepy, ignore it.” I tell him. Why does he want to know where I am, and more importantly how does he know I’m not just at home?

“Alright, are you following me…drum roll please.” He says, opening the twitter app on my phone.

I try to make a drum roll sound by hitting my legs but it’s more painful than anything.
“You’re not following me!” He gasps, mock offended and I watch him press the follow button himself.
“Soz not soz.” I smirk and he smacks my leg.