Chapter 54: Blind Dating

AN: in reward for reaching the comment goal on the previous chapter, here's the next. Wish me luck for wisdom teeth surgery, I'm terrified. I hate hospitals and needles and everything about it literally makes me want to be sick. Can't wait to hear what you all think of this chapter xxx

"Drink this." The nurse handed me a cup of way too sweet juice, and then proceeded to place a cotton wool ball and a band aid over the small hole where the needle had prodded to withdraw the blood.

"First time donating is over, just stay seated for another ten minutes so we can make sure you don't faint, and you're good to go." She said with a smile before disappearing from the room. I think this is the first thing on the list I've actually managed to do completely alone, that I can think of anyway.

Ten minutes in this creepy too-white room was enough for me, and I was way too happy when the nurse gave me the all good to go home. Excellent. One more thing to tick off, one step closer to not having to be single but also no steps closer to knowing who not-to-be-single with.

Speaking of difficult decisions, the second I stepped out into the freezing cold, my phone started to buzz with an incoming call from Harry.

"Hey Haz." I greeted, trying to decide whether I'm still mad at him about the Fleur thing. The worst part is that I don't feel that angry, or anything. I don't really care, which is new.

"Hiiiii." He says the word way slower than necessary.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?" I ask, bundling myself up in my jacket as I begin the walk back to the apartment.

"Oh sweetie the pleasure is all mine." He teases. "The reason for my call is to enquire what you are doing tonight?"
"Nothing whatsoever." I tell him.

"Good."

"Good as in you're glad I'm not doing anything, or good as in I have plans now?" I laugh, and I hear him chuckle through the phone.

"Good as in you do now. I'll pick you up at 8. Wear something pretty."

"I always do."

"Eh, that's questionable I mean you look disgusting 99% of the time." He teases and I scoff in mock offence.

"Dude just for that I'm going to wear jeggings and a tie dye shirt and crimp my hair tonight."

"Hmm sounds gorgeous." He says, his voice deep and low.

"Oh it is. But seriously, prepare to be flabbergasted because I am going to look banging."

"You always do."

"I know."

"And so modest too!"

"Yeah dude, that's me, humble, modest....you know. Question: How long after giving blood can you get a tattoo?"

"I probably wouldn't do it same day. Why? What tattoo are you going to get?"

"Who knows? I was just gonna walk in and point at one." I joke, I would never do that.

"That's always been my method." He laughs.

"Yeah that's what it looks like." Seriously though, what the fuck even are half of his tattoos? He always waffles on about nothing and makes knock knock jokes when I ask, and I tend to zone out, so I still don't know.

"Hey now. Some of them are just drunken mistakes, CJ." He giggles and I laugh.

"Dude, CJ is alright, you can barely even see it amongst all your others, unlike mine that is literally out in the middle of nowhere on my back like you'd have to be blind not to see it." I huff.