Chapter 24: Happily

Songs:

Kneesocks- Arctic Monkeys

You wouldn’t like me- Tegan & Sara

HARRY’S POV

A knock at the door at 8am was the last thing I wanted after the continuous horrible sleeps I’d been having, so I didn’t bother getting changed into any thing more than pulling yesterday’s underwear up my legs as I crawled out of bed and moseyed down the stairs. Cursing whoever would be game to wake me up this early.

The knocking started again, the person on the other side of the door getting impatient. Well its 8am what do you fucking expect.

I open the door to a very cold Charlotte, her arms crossed in front of her chest, shivering as she stares up at me. She’s wearing a beige trench coat, tied tightly around her waist and the colour suits her complexion perfectly, her hair bouncing on her shoulders, framing her made-up face. It’s 8am, what the hell is she doing here? Not to mention I can’t even look at her without the images of Louis and her kissing flooding my brain and hurting my heart.

“Before you say anything, just let me talk. I’m sorry that you feel cheated by this whole thing, me and Louis, but I’m not with him, we’re just friends, we were together, sort of, but not anymore because I need to focus on myself, and I would really like my best friend around while I’m trying to figure out who I am. You kept saying the other day how unfair it was, so I’m here to even the score. The way I see it, you have two options. You can have this, now.” She unties her coat, sliding it down off her shoulder to reveal a black lace bra and matching panties.

FUCK. I can feel the blood rushing through me as I try to keep calm, turning my attention back to her face to stop the distractions…to stop the thought of pushing her up against the wall and fucking her senseless.

“Or, you can wait. Be my friend for the remaining 11 months, and see where we’re at at the end of my year of being single, like you said. I never meant to hurt you when I broke the rules, it was stupid and I was confused and overwhelmed and I’m sorry.” Her voice is raw with emotion as she looks up into my eyes, her beautiful brown eyes might as well be a time capsule because every time I look into them I’m reminded of everything we’ve done together, and everything she means to me.

LOLA’S POV

“So what’s it going to be?” I push, tying my jacket closed as he stares at me, swallowing.

“Chaaaar.” He groans in frustration, running his hands through his hair like he always does.

“Harry, I said I was sorry, can’t you just forgive me?”
“Some things are unforgivable.” He mimicks and my heart sinks. Why did I have to say that the other day?
“I didn’t mean that Harry, I promise I will stop throwing that stuff back in your in face…as much as I wish you did, you don’t deserve that.”

“It hurts, it makes me feel completely worthless when you say you’ll never forgive me, Char, don’t you think I feel guilty enough?” He strains his voice. My eyes have to stay locked with his otherwise they will wander down to his ink stained chest and who knows what I will do then.

“I’m sorry. So what’s it gonna be?”
He bites his lip, smirking all of a sudden as he stares at the ground.

“As badly as I want to go with the first option, I think I have to choose the second one, and go have a very very cold shower.” He chuckles.

“Phew. I was hoping you’d say that.”
“Why because you’d have to have sex with me otherwise? Is that sooo horrible?” He teases and I laugh.