Chapter 2: How is...he?

“Mum I have to go.” I whine, pulling out of her tight hug.

“You just got here!” She complains, mussing my hair.

“I know, but Linda will seriously kill me. I haven’t tried on my bridesmaid’s dress yet and she’s fretting that my measurements weren’t right.” I explain, picking up the bag that I condensed everything I need this weekend in to. I’d really just stopped off home to get my car to drive to Peckforton, where the wedding is being held. And to see my parents was definitely a bonus.

“Let her go Lucy.” My Dad says, wrapping his arm around my Mum’s shoulder once he returns from putting my bag into my car.

“I’ll come visit, once I’m sorted in London again.” I promise as I walk down the path to my car. There’s the small issue of my apartment, which is currently being rented and the tenant has a twelve month lease. So I’m officially out on my arse, and will probably resort to living with my Grandparents or something.

It’s been five months since I’ve driven, and the feeling is so strange. It’s a three hour drive to Peckforton Castle, according to my GPS. I relish the pretty countryside views of rural England as I drive, feeling rather sentimental about being back here. It’s going to be a strange weekend, seeing Linda and Gemma…and who knows who else.

This is the sort of drive that sends you into deep reflection, a hollow feeling in your stomach as you contemplate your life. But today I just don’t feel that way. There’s nothing weighing me down, I’m in England, I don’t have to worry about my career for a year. The only thing bothering me is the slight fear that Gemma won’t be the only Styles present at this wedding. Linda has known Harry just as long as I have, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he was invited.

Would he go? If he knew I was going? Would that make him run the other way, or would that drive him to go?
It doesn’t matter, remember? My subconscious whines, she’s got her party dress on and is ready for the Bachelorette party tonight. I relax. She’s right. It doesn’t matter.

I pull into the long, winding driveway of Peckforton Castle. As I reach the front entrance, a valet comes and takes my keys from me, helps me with my luggage and goes off to park the car. I push my sunglasses off my face as I take in the large building, orange bricks, large windows cover the castle that takes up a great percentage of the estate, surrounded by beautiful rose gardens.

Nice place for a wedding.

“Right this way, miss. I’ll show you to your room.” The concierge instructs, leading me up a large staircase, magnificent portraits of important looking people cover the walls, and a red carpet lines the floor beneath my feet.

I’ve got to hand it to Linda, this is a pretty ideal wedding destination. Guests can stay at the castle for the weekend, and for those that are part of the wedding party it’s extremely convenient considering how far away from London it is. I can’t imagine why anyone would not just get married in London, there’s beautiful wedding destinations there but apparently Brad’s family live out this way or something.

“Can you point me to the Bride’s room?” I ask the worker, after putting my bag down in the room and grabbing my phone out of my hand bag. I feel very casual in black high waisted jeans and a dust pink mink-fur crop, but it’s only afternoon now so I should have plenty of time to get ready for tonight. I don’t know how much of a bachelorette party you can really have in the castle, but knowing Gem she’s planned something crazy.

I open the door to the room I was directed to, grinning from ear to ear when I see Gab, Gemma and Linda stretched out on couches, giggling away.

“Guess who?” I call and all their necks snap to look at me.