Chapter 22: Wasting time

i'm going start putting the names of songs I am listening to while writing, just cause.

Pressure- the 1975

Since Last Wednesday- Highasakite

Love out of Lust- Lykke Li

LOLA'S POV

 It was surprisingly easy to fall into a rut.

Sex.

Louis would go to rehearsals.

More sex.

Sleep.

It’d only been a week but I was relatively happy to have some sort of routine in my life after a few weeks of being able to do anything I wanted.

Maybe taking a year off wasn’t for me, maybe I couldn’t do the whole list. Maybe I should just throw in the towel now, commit to Louis and make the rest history.

Something’s holding me back, and I want to ignore it so badly but it’s constantly gnawing at my stomach.

“Come watch rehearsals today?” Louis’ hand slides across my stomach, pulling me closer to him.

“Okay.” I don’t have any real reason not to. Actually I haven’t heard from Harry since the day at the hospital, so it will be good to see him.

I change into my black shift dress and a red jacket, not putting too much effort into my hair or makeup.

“Ready?” Louis asks as I pick up my handbag off the counter.

“Oh you dropped something.” He bends down, picking something up.

“What is it?”

“I don’t know, I think it fell out of your bag.” He drops a silver trinket into my hand.

“Oh.” I run my fingers over the silver chain and the key pendant, I thought I’d lost this. The necklace Harry gave me years ago, that we have the same of.

“Here, can you help me put it on?” I ask him, positioning it around my neck so he just has to do up the clasp.

“Thanks.” I kiss his cheek before we leave the house, his hand holding mine as we walk out to the car waiting for him.

The boys are rehearsing at Wembley, even though they aren’t playing here for a few weeks.

“Can’t believe you’re playing stadiums…that’s crazy.” My eyes widen as we pull up at the stadium.  

“Yep.” He bites his lip.

We step out of the car and I pull my hand out of his as we follow security through large gates and down a large, grey-cemented corridor until we reach the dressing rooms.

Harry is mid-conversation with Lou when we enter the room, his eyes shift from hers to look at me, but he just looks at me with a blank expression before turning his attention back to her.

Louis has disappeared from my side, now talking to Liam about something so I walk over to Harry. 

“Hey, you.” I smile, poking his arm.

“Really, Char?” He scoffs, shoving past me and leaving the room.

WHAT?

I look at Lou who just glares at me…okay so she hates me again.

I turn around, following Harry who has stormed out of the room like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

I stop the door from slamming on me by pushing hard against it, my feet having to move ridiculously fast to keep up with him.