Chapter 49: Number 11

I turned my bed room light on, trying to make it feel less scary in this empty apartment. I text Harry back on the way to the front door, hoping it's just him and I can stop being scared.

Me: Are you here?

Harry: No. Why would I be? I'll come now though if you want me to.

Me: Um no, don't worry.

Harry: What? What's going on?

I exit out of the conversation and dial the number for emergency, hovering over the button as I step up on my tiptoes to check the peephole.

My heart stops hammering from fear when I see Louis, but starts hammering for another reason, and a smile tugs at my lips. I lock my phone, putting it in the pocket of my dressing gown.

I slide across the chain and unlock the door, pulling it open.

"Well if ittt isn't da prettiest girl in all the land?" He slurs, his hand is resting against the door frame but he slowly dragging down as he stumble slightly. He absolutely reeks of alcohol and he drunkenly steps forward, pulling me into a hug and planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"I don't know, I haven't seen her." I make a joke but it goes straight over his cloudy head.

He's wearing my favourite denim shirt over a plain white tee and black skinny jeans, with vans of course. I love this outfit way too much.

"Lola." He grins, hanging off me with his arm around my neck as I close the door and lock it.

"Louis" I counter.

"I missed you." He says assertively.

"You did?" I grin, acting completely unaware. Why else would he be at my door at 3am?

He's drunk and you're the person on his mind. My heart flutters as my subconscious points it out with a smug smile.

"Of course I did. You're very very veeeeery missable." The words come out in a very long, slow drawl.

"Thanks, I think?"

"Thank you." He pokes my nose. What?

"Louis it's very late."

"I know. I'm very drunk." He muses, his eyes glossed over.

"Do you really think it's a good idea for you to be drinking?" I ask cautiously.

"I'm fine. I'm not addicted to alcohol." He snaps and it startles me, I don't think he's ever snapped at me before.

"Sorry, I was just..." I mumble, making an effort to walk towards my room and drag the drunken dead weight with me.

"I'm sorry. I'm fine. I can drink without wanting to snort some fucking white powder." He says softly, not meeting my eye contact.

"I know you can." I give him a reassuring smile.

"I think it might be time for bed."
"Well if you're offering..." He smirks, his grip around my shoulder tightening. He smells so good.

"Ha ha. Very funny. Come on." I finally manage to get his drunk self into my room.

"So, now that you've got me here, what ever are you going to do with me?" He smirks, plopping himself down on the bed.

"You, my friend, are going to sleep." I demand. "Take off your shoes." I order and he makes a feeble attempt to kick off his vans.

"And what are youuuuu going to-do?" He asks, a lazy smile on his face, glancing up and down at me as I stand leaning against my dresser, looking at him.