Chapter 30: One Direction

Songs:

Lie in the sound- Trespassers William

Hear you me- Jimmy Eat World

She don’t like the lights- Justin Bieber

The sound of One Direction echoed through the halls as a security guard led me to where Gemma and the girls were sitting in the section allocated for family. The view was…well not great, it was mid way up in the grand stand and there was people everywhere. Louis was never going to see me here and know that I had come.

I was aware at how shit I looked, I’d sweated off most of my make up, my hair was a disheveled mess from running, I’d managed to pull my shoes back on but my outfit was mostly crinkled now anyway. I heard whispers of my name as I walked in front of empty seats to where Gemma’s blonde hair signaled her location.

“Hey!” I shouted above the blaring sound of Zayn’s high note in Rock Me.

“Oh my god where have you been?!” Gemma shouts back, standing up to hug me, followed by Gab and Linda.

“Don’t even ask. I know I look like shit so get those judgey looks off your faces!” I scold as they each widen their eyes, taking in my messy appearance.

“Not shit…just not as good as when you left the house.” Gab chuckles, I take a seat next to Gem and finally direct my attention to the stage, a smile spreading across my face when I see Harry dancing, well, more like punching thin air to the beat but hey, it works for him. I scan the stage for Louis and find him next to Niall, the two of them start talking as the song finishes. They’re talking about some significance to the next song, Don’t Forget Where You Belong, and laughing amongst themselves. I’m trying to read Louis’ mood but without seeing him close up I don’t have much hope. He looks hot though, if that’s any help. I am nervously chewing on the inside of my bottom lip, grinding my teeth nervously as the guilt embeds itself in my stomach.

My attention is drawn to Harry during his solo, and he’s projected onto the two big screens, impossible to look away from his goofy grin and way too distinct jaw line. He’s so…ugh!

“Gemma cover your ears!” Gab yells and Gemma looks at her confused but does it anyway. “Harry is fucking hot!” Gab yells to be heard above the music, mock fanning herself with her phone. I just laugh…that’s my ex you’re talking about…well sort of ex, I don’t really know what we were.

“How can you not be banging him? Every single girl except for Gemma obviously, wants to go home with him tonight and you’re the only one who can!” She says, shaking her head at me.

Don’t you think I know that?
“Yes but he hasn’t fucked over every girl in this stadium has he? Well actually he could’ve.” I scoff.

“True.” She shrugs, turning her attention back to the boys. I just shake my head, an empty feeling in my stomach, as well as the guilt that’s crippling me, has started to spread and I feel somewhat nostalgic for our time in Australia together, the last time I saw them live, and I was so in love with him. I just don’t know anymore if there’s anything there other than just physical attraction? I can’t ignore the moisture settling between my legs at the mere sight of him AND Louis on stage, there’s something so hot about knowing thousands of other girls want them too, but they can’t have either of them, not like I could.

Although my situation does suck, I realise how lucky I am.

“They leave the stadium pretty much straight after the concert don’t they?” I ask Gemma when they run off stage to get changed and the stadium is relatively quiet.