Mining, Mining and Mining

"Time to mine!" Galaxy said cheerfully. "I'll get my two stone pickaxes, some sticks in case my pickaxes break, and a crafting table."

She went down to the cave system. It was surprisingly large. Huge. Humnongus. It surprised her, however big it was.

She stopped.

"How am I supposed to remember all these different roads all at once?" grimaced Galaxy. "I'll never find my way around these snaking roads without any markings, however long I walk in here."

"I guess I'll put torches on my left wherever I go so I'll know how to come back up." Galaxy said happily.

It wasn't the best idea. It'll waste a lot of torches but she'll find her way in here. Besides, there wasn't really any other way so that's what she did.

She walked until she came to a ravine and she saw some iron ore on the other side of the ravine.

"Oooo!" Galaxy said cheerfully. "Iron! I wonder if I can build over to the iron?"

That's what she did. She mined some cobblestone and started to build towards the iron, mined it, and found some coal just behind the iron.

"Lucky me!" Galaxy exclaimed.

She mined more iron she saw on the side of the ravine. She uncovered some gold and redstone and gladly mined it.

She mined for a while and got about 20 pieces of iron and 35 pieces of coal.
She also found some more gold and redstone, but no diamonds.

She wanted to keep mining more, but she heard some zombies groaning and heading her way, so she collected her ores and her crafting table and went back to her shelter. She didn't want to push her luck.

She saw that it was nighttime when she went out of the cave and not wanting to get killed by monsters with so many ores and uncertain that she would respawn after dying, went back to her shelter immediately and fell asleep once her head hit the bed.