Chapter 69

I crawl under the bed searching for the gun I threw under the bed last night to protect Phil. I desperately snatch the gun into my palm. I begin to walk down the dimly lit hallway, but then I stop into the kids' room. My foot falls onto the cold grey carpet remembering memories that made me what to live. Now? What's the point? I look into Beebo's crib and see his monkey bed sheets, their still ruffled from sleeping on them. I study the bare room and how its been scavaged through, I sigh as I wipe my ice cold tears on my heated cheek. I step back into the hallway and pass the lounge with multiple memories surfing up once again. I seen Trinity sitting on the sofa with our stacks of bills laughing at my suffering. I shook my head knowing it was just a illusion. I enter the scene where my husband died and where I will now die, I close the bathroom door behind me knowing that I'll never have to leave this room. I observe Phil, how peaceful he looks now that he is free from this game called life. I forcefully pull the gun up to my head and look down at Phil knowing that I will soon be beside my love for eternity. I rub my index finger against the trigger.
"I'll see you soon Phil." I whisper throughout the room. I close my eye lids before pulling the trigger and hearing the loud bang that rang through my ears leaving no more worry for me.