Chapter 68

~Dan's POV~

I yawn loudly, stretching my arms and laying my arms back down to feel Phil. I rise in my bed as if a bucket of ice has been poured on me. I look to my side and Phil is not laying beside me.
"Phil?" I call. "Phil?"
I jump up from my bed and search the apartment.
"Phil?!" I scream. I search the kid's old room, no Phil. I check the kitchen, no Phil. I check the brightly lit lounge, no Phil. Finally, I check the bathroom. The light is on inside.
"Phil?" I bang my fists against the door. "Phil?!" I turn the door knob quickly to see Phil face down on the floor with a pool of blood around him.
"Phil!" I shriek. I run to his side and lift him up.
"Phil?!" I scream. "Phil! Please wake up!" I shake him forcefully. I look Phil's body down and see his stained wrists that have been attacked. Tears fall from my eyes I fall to the floor dropping Phil, gasping for air. I should've been watching Phil! I thought to myself. I knew he wanted to die! I lay on my side, tears falling rapidly like they'll never stop. I spot a white piece of paper across the floor by the door. I crawl to the paper and sit up my back against the door.

If you are not Dan please do not read this.

I keep on reading the note.

Daniel Howell, I'm very deeply sorry I chose this way of leaving you. I know you didn't get to say goodbye nor did you get to hold me in your arms but, before I left I made sure to give you a kiss goodbye. I couldn't deal with the agony building up inside from leaving the kids. It was too much. Please know my cause of death was never and will never be your fault. I love you Dan, always remember that. I hope you understand.
~ Your loving husband, Philip Michael Lester.
I let control of my hand go, the note drifting away. I look at Phil, his eyes open and his eyes more blue than ever. I've lost everything. My kids, my followers, my will to live and now my husband. I stand up and walk to my bed room.