Chapter 42

~Dan's POV~

Last night the whole family had their first liveshow together. Elinna loved it and told Phil and I that she wants to do them more often. It was 8:00 p.m. which means Phil and I just put the kids to bed.
"Good job, dad." I tell Phil, kissing his cheek in the process.
"You too, dad." Phil says, returning a kiss. I looked out the window as I passed by it towards the lounge, the night was clear with a silent breeze followed by a full moon. I set down on the couch in the lounge next to Phil to see how much we're getting paid now. Between all three of our channels we're now getting: £3,567 pounds every month. I'm in utter shock as I see the numbers.
"Phil?" I say, making him come over.
"Oh my god."
"I know." I say looking at him, he looks at me to see my concerned face as I see his.
"We may have to get actual jobs, Dan." Phil says, pacing back and forth in front of me.
"I-I know." I say, closing my MacBook. "How are we going to manage?" I ask Phil.
"I honestly do not know Dan." Phil tells me, looking hopelessly in his eyes. "Jeez! If I didn't marry you we wouldn't be in this mess!" Phil says pacing some more and throwing his arms in the air.
"What the hell do you mean Phil?" I ask sitting up straight.
"I'm saying that if I didn't marry you, we wouldn't be living in a gay marriage and have two kids that may be mistreated for having gay parents-" I cut Phil off.
"Phil! Having gay parents is better than having no parents!" I stand up and get right in front of him.
"What are you trying to say Phil?" I say, tearing up in my eyes.
"I'm trying to say-" Phil looks out of the nearest window pondering for a while then looking back at me slowly.
"If you didn't love me we wouldn't be in this mess."
"But, Phil." I say, grabbing his shoulders. "Don't you love me back?"
"I used to think that but," Phil stops and looks at me to see how broken he has made me. "I don't think I do anymore."