Commitments

"How was school?" I asked Kenny as we walked inside.

"Good mommy"

"Good" I smiled.

"When are we going home?" He asked as I took his book bag and coat.

"Soon. Why do you have business to take care of?" I chuckled.

"Yes my toys miss me" he sat on the bed and took off his shoes.

"Hey!" I said loudly. "You're dirty go take a bath"

He sighed. "Okay" he ran into the bathroom and left the door open just a little.

I walked into the kitchen and Joshua was sitting at the table on his computer.

He looked at the device, confused with his old man glasses on.

"I think we are going to be leaving tomorrow" He didn't say anything and kept typing. "Did you hear me?"

"Of course I heard you"

"So why didn't you answer me?"

"Because you know what I'm going to say"

"And?"

He looked at me. "Do you need some type of validation from me?"

"No" I frowned. "I was just telling you" I started to walk away when he spoke again.

"Why do you want to leave?" He sighed.

I turned around and looked at him like he was nuts. "I'm not asking for permission, Joshua. I wasn't saying it just so we could fight then make-out later. I don't want you to fight for me"

"Then what do you want?" He asked frustrated.

"I want you to get yourself together, that's what I want"

"I am together!" He yelled. "Why do you want to leave me? What did I do?"

I closed my eyes for a second then looked at him. "I'm not leaving you, I'm just going home"

He's throwing a fit like a child. Like I'm angry at him or something. I'm not trying to get a reaction out of him I'm just trying to make conversation.

"For what?"

"I have a life and things to do. Things that I just simply cannot do here"

"What can you not do here?" He looked around. "You're very versatile" he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Kenny wants to go and I have parent things to do"

"Like what?" He asked interested.

"There's a Christmas party for Kenny's class and everyone has to bring something"

He nodded and took off his glasses. "Well uh... what time does it start?"

"Um 3, why?"

"Would it be okay with you if I were to go with you?"

I sighed. "Sure Joshua, but you have to be normal and do normal things"

"I do normal things, what do you mean?"

"You have to make conversation with these people, like real conversation. They aren't your business partners"

"I- I can do that"

"And you have to make them like you"

"Why me, why not you?"

"Because they hate me. They always want to give me advice on how to raise Kenny"