Change

Walking in my office, I sat down at my desk trying to keep myself together.

"Where've you been?"

I shrieked and jumped up.

I looked into his blue eyes and saw my reflection in them I tried to smile but it didn't feel right. He could see right through me, all my pain shows on his face.

"You scared me" I looked away from him and started packing my things up on my desk.

"Where have you been?" He asked again.

"I had some work to get done"

"Work?" He asked.

"Yes work" I started putting things into folders keeping myself busy while he's here. I just need to grab somethings and go home.

"Are you okay?" He walked closer.

"I'm fine" I smiled nervously. "I'm going home"

"What happened?"

"Nothing!" I said a little quickly.

He swallowed hard and blinked. "Was it something I said Valentina?"

His words scared me, the way he's all serious is pretty scary and at this moment I realized I don't like it when he's not smiling.

"No, I had a lot of fun with you the other day" I looked at him and felt myself feel sad. My minds not in a happy place and I want to tell him that but it's none of his business. "I've just got to go home" I said softly.

"Something's wrong" he walked closer to my desk. "I can feel it" he looked at his hands. "My hands get hot when something's wrong"

I laughed nervously. "It's probably hot in here" I finally finished packing up all the things I need and carried them out of my office.

Waiting for him to walk out, I locked it and headed to the elevator.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked as I pressed the button to the parking garage.

"Of course" he returned with a smile and stepped on the elevator standing behind me. "I'll walk you to your car" I gave him my best smile and looked at the ground while holding my folders close to my chest.

I felt him breathing down my neck and it tickled. When we got to the garage, I got off the elevator quickly and headed to my car as fast as I could.

I don't want to be rude to him but I just want to go home. I put my things down on the hood of my car and dig in my purse for my keys.

"Valentina" Bradley spoke from behind me. "Why are you rushing?"

"I'm just trying to get home" I said quietly.

"Look at me"

I ignored him and kept looking for my keys. "Valentina what happened while you were gone?"

"I just had a meeting, it doesn't matter"

He lightly pulled my arm but I refused to look at him. "You saw him didn't you?"

I kept my mouth closed.

He pulled my purse away from me and spun me to look at him. "What did he say? What did he do?"

"What are you talking about?" I played dumb.

"What did Joshua do?" He said slowly.

"He just upset me that's all, it's not a big deal"

"What do you want me to do?"

I looked at him sideways. "I don't want you to do anything, this is none of your concern" I said sternly and snatched away.