Recap/ New Beginnings

It's been five years since I've seen or heard of Joshua Maxwell. After everything happened I moved in with John while I was pregnant.

Joshua still doesn't know about the baby and I'm content with that. Although Jess is so close to telling him.

The divorce didn't go through. I'm still technically married to Joshua. He pulled his signature at the last moment, and I have no idea why. After he hurt me I officially moved on from all things Joshua.

I now work with Michael Hawthorne as his Personal Assistant. He had heard about what happened and he offered me a job. I of course took the job, just to make some good money.

Jasper has been more than kind to me and is avidly in my child's life. They've done a wonderful job keeping things a secret from Joshua but Jess feels guilty being around Kenny, so she keeps her distance.

Kenny loves his grandparents more than anything and I'm glad he has them. He's turning four on Friday.

John has been like a father to him and he's helped me out a lot. Taking him to day care, keeping him for the night, everything I need really.

I couldn't love John more for that.

I held my coat close to me as I walked into the building. The heat rushed onto my face giving me pleasure.

"Man it's cold" I said to my intern, Robert.

"Freezing Ms" he smiled and he took my coat.

"I brought you some coffee" I handing it to him.

"Ms. Matrix that's my job" he stood in front of me. His 6'1 height was just slightly taller than me since I had heels on.

"I know but I was out" I smiled.

"Well thank you"

"No problem" I sipped my coffee. "I'll be in my office"

"Okay"

I stepped into the elevator and headed up to the 6th floor. Stepping out I was immediately called by Mr. Hawthorne.

I walked toward his office and let myself in. "Yes sir?"

"Sit" My heels clacked on the floor quickly and I sat down in the chair. "You've been doing very well Valentina, you've adjusted and been focused for these past five years"

"Thank you, sir"

"So I'm giving you a 10% raise" he wrote on a paper and held it out.

"Really?" I reached for it. "Thank you" I said more confused. "What have I done to deserve this?"

"You've been loyal to me. Even after everything we've been through"

I smiled and looked at the ground remembering. Ever since that day my mind changed about him. He's not a bad guy, he just a mysterious person and I will never understand him.

"That is all" he smiled.

"Thank you" I said before I walked out. I looked at the paper and it was a check with the 10% added on.

"What's that?" Someone said.

I looked up and I saw Bradley Hawthorne standing in front of me staring me down.

"Oh" I said surprised. "Hi" I smiled.

"Hi" he smiled back. He's such a friendly guy, everyone in the office likes him but he's so fine it's intimidating. I try to avoid him the best I can. "How are you? I never see you around"

"I know it's a bummer" I chuckled nervously. "I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm doing great" he moved a bit closer.