Chapter 39

Wanda paces back and forth.

She's agitated.

Confronted and in pain.

Come on. Come on.

She tries her best to pry into Lorelie's mind, to lift the haze that is seemingly blocking the two from one another. She couldn't break through no matter how hard she tried. 

Only a few minutes ago did she feel the block lift but instead of feeling Lorelie's expecting words, Wanda felt her pain hit her like a ton of bricks.

Lorelie? Lorelie...

No answer. No response. No nothing.

The young girl gave up going to sit on the couch with her head in her palms.

Vision looks from afar, his odd eyes analyzing the scene before him.

Earlier on, they were in the Kitchen and he had wanted to prepare food for the Sokovian girl to cheer her up.

But after what happened, Wanda retreated to herself. The growing worry was making him frown.

"Wanda?" He walks in, slowly.

Wanda raises her eyes and shakes her head.

"I... I felt her."

The half human, half machine raises a concerning brow.

Wanda trails her eyes over to the windows outside. A sick gutting feeling churned in her stomach. Something was wrong--no, something is wrong. 

"Her pain, Vis. And then... now I can't feel her anymore."

Vision sits next to her and remains quiet as the Sokovian girl's eyes began to water.

Worry grits at her, utter helplessness making the situation two times worse. Lorelie was all she had.

Her heart would break if something happened. If it already did. 

Deep within the crevice of her mind, something within her stirred. Anger, like steaming rage boiling away in the background. Sparks flash across her fingers, tinting the air around them as her anger grew, branching out like vines.

"Stark," She mumbled, eyes flashing a deep red as she remembers the bitter feeling of Lorelie's emotions.

Betrayal and heartbreak for the girl's older brother.

"Wanda, I suggest you remain calm," The Vision tells her, trying his best to settle her before it got worse. 

The explosion during the Accords had already made things complicated. Given, that the swirls of red surrounding her were growing more and more perturbed, Vision knew it would not be wise for her to lose control.

Wanda let out a sharp exhale, her fingers clenching to a snap and ceasing the red swirls away. She takes out her phone and scrolls down to the number she's looking for.

After a brief moment of silence, she shuts it back, having sent the message and storms off to her room with Vision watching her go with sad eyes.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Tony sits in the office, his thumb playfully twiddling with his monitor.

Worry. Fear. Anxiety, and most of all anger, was swirling within him. Anger and dread. 

A notification from his monitor lit up the side of his hand. He lifts it up to view the new message, his heart in his throat.