Chapter 15

"It is not funny!" I yelled, trying to wack Tony's head upside down.

He effectively dodges my hand, laughing loudly. I swear he sounded like a donkey almost--the little shit.

"You know what, I think I miss drunk Lorelie." He tells me, smiling like the cocky bastard he was.

"Yeah, well you're never going to see her again," I grumbled back, crossing my arms over my chest and sulking. When I find that there were still fuzzy party poppers attached to my arms, I swipe at them, infuriated.

"Aw, I'm sure little Miss Bunny Rabbit, just playin',"

"Tony, I swear to god!" Turning around, I chased him around the couch with an unspeakable vengeance, only for him to run out the room, screaming like the adult-child he was.

After the whole debacle that happened earlier this afternoon, the team had apparently taken advantage of a rather unsensible Lorelie, therefore, when I finally, did come to, I realized Tony had covered me in party poppers, glitters and fake fur from Clint's garage.

He then proceeded to make me hop around the field like a rabbit, thus the nickname.

The worst part was that my team let it happen, they'd continuously egged my brother on and now I was planning to exact my revenge.

"Yeah, you all better be running!" I shout loudly, my voice echoing around the house.

Tony was really the only one daring enough to face me after what he did. The others had all scrambled to different corners of the house.

Annoyed, I rake my hand over my tangled brown hair and stomped outside to get some fresh air, a trail of glitter following after me.

It was late evening at this point and the sun was slowly setting, illuminating the cool greenery.

I took one last glance at the house and walked further out, hoping to get away from all the energies that surrounded me. Was I annoyed at them? Yes.

But my reasons for leaving had nothing to do with that.

The moment I sobered up, everything had come rushing back. It only proved just how unprepared I was.

But can you blame me?

I had no idea what to do with the information given or what the vision meant at all.

The smell of fresh grass and the breeze of the evening allowed my running brain to finally relax after what seemed like days.

It's not fair, why does Barton get to live the typical American dream?

He raised a family, kicks ass at his job and at the end of the day, he has something to return to.

If anything he was the most normal out of all of us.

Shaking my head, I plop myself down on the grass in the massive field and sit there, watching the trees sway and hearing the gentle calling of the wind.

Peace.

It was peaceful.

Pretty soon we won't have any of that. We'd have to go back to work and right our wrongs.

The presence's at the back of my mind seemed to hum in response.

Stretching my hands out in front of me, I weave them around, allowing the lights to surround around the construction I built.

Blue and green filter the crossing night and illuminated the shadow of my face. Gold dances across the field, mixing in with the two colours.

It was beautiful.