Chapter 38

Raising my head, my ears twitched upon hearing a helicopter over head.

It was circling the area and I know Bucky must've made it out.

Getting to my feet, I bit my lip and forced the pain away before running towards the moving machinery.

I jumped, creating beams that shot me upwards.

For a moment I was suspended on air and then I smashed through the doors, kicking two guards unconscious.

The pilot tried to shuffle me out but I manifested a small energy blade and point it to his neck.

"Duceți-mă la luptă," I spat in Romania, the glowing blade reflecting off his face.

Get me to the fight.

He nods and turns the chopper, so we were somewhere near downtown.

He flies us over to a bridge and I see three figures darting past cars and traffic.

Bucky, Steve and the Black Panther.

"Mulțumesc."

Thank you.

The pilot stared at me before I knocked him in his jaw and he grunted from the pain, the chopper veering slightly

I jumped off the chopper, landing gracefully on my feet before advancing on the three figures below me.

Bucky was in the lead so it didn't take long for me to catch him with my abilities.

"Soldat!"

I jumped down and threw out barrier waves, stopping the cars in their tracks and creating a bottleneck for the Black Panther and Steve.

Bucky walks over to me and grabs my arm, fury in those eyes. "I told you to leave."

Scoffing I gave him a half glare.

"And you know I won't listen."

Loud sirens erupted along the tunnel and Bucky glance at it, both alarmed and angry.

I watch them grow closer and pushed Bucky forward.

"Run, I'll hold them off."

He grabs my arm and twist me back so I hit his chest. "No, we run together."

I had no chance to react because he was running and dragging me along with him.

Given he was faster then me, I opted in using my abilities, already knowing the backlash it might give me.

I didn't care. I needed to get him off the rig and now.

Cars were spinning out of control and the flash of blue and red tells me police coming our way.

"We're not going to be able to out run them!" I shout, informing Bucky. "I can slow them down!"

"You're not risking it!" He shouts back at me, determined for me to run with him.

Frustrated at his concern for me, makes me snap in an almost desperate tone.

"I can't run with you, you know that!"

I didn't hear his reply because he turned to another tunnel to get away from the horde of cars.

I wasn't so lucky.

Jumping across them, I balanced gracefully on the roof of their cars, deflecting each bullet sent my way.

Igniting the lights I allowed them to swirl around me creating a shield that would hopefully deflect the other bullets as I focused more on my footing.