Chapter 19

"Do you think--"

Bluish green lights died off the minute I released the ball of energy surrounding the cradle--cutting Tony off.

I had supported the stupid thing all the way out of the Quinjet and into the lab.

So when the cradle dropped, it hit the ground hard, causing the level to shake.

Silence speared at the atmosphere.

I didn't care if this gem was unstable.

As of this moment, I was unstable.

"Riley..." Clint was behind me. I could feel his hand hovering above my shoulder, hesitating, before he ultimately dropped it.

From up ahead, the two figures huddled by the monitors stay frozen.

Both Tony and Bruce share shocked expressions, effectively astonished by what I've just done.

Tony's eyes turn questioning and concern almost. He stands straight. "Blues--"

"Here's what your little machine built," I spat, dragging my feet forwards towards my brother and Banner. The lights were spazzing in the air, glittering with the intention to hurt.

"Now our friend is missing-"

"Riley, Riley hold on--" Clint runs after me.

"-and I don't know if she's alive!"

He grabs my arm, tugging me back with one harsh pull. "Lorelie, don't." He says, struggling to get me off my rage. "It's not worth it, alright?"

I rip my arm away from him and dealt the two males a sizable amount of death stares.

They've gotten up from their positions, Banner being the first one to descend down the stairs.

"What happened? Who's missing?"

Clint shook his head, sighing. "It's Nat."

"Nat?"

Bruce took off his glasses, his emotions filling with worry and fear.

"Ultron got her just as we grabbed the cradle." The archer snapped, sarcastically. "I think he wanted a fair exchange."

"You fix this Tony," My voice cut into the conversation, gazing towards my brother who remain standing on top of the upper platform.

"I swear to god if you don't do it. I will rip that goatee off so fast, you'd wish you didn't build it."

He flinches under the level of my stare and because he was a bloody Stark, of course that stupid arrogant pride of his, refuses to back down.

"Nat's alive, as far as I can tell. If she wasn't, Ultron'd be rubbing our faces in,"

Crossing my arms over my chest I raised a sarcastic eyebrow. "Oh? So that should make it all better then?"

"I'm not trying to defend myself," He puts both hands out in surrender and descends down the platform. "I'm just stating the obvious."

Suddenly, flying him out the window didn't sound like such a bad idea at all.

There was a loud cough.

Bruce and Clint had avoided our stare down and were refocusing back on the cradle.

"This thing is sealed tight," Clint observes, trying to get it open.

If it wasn't for the fact that he looked ridiculous, climbing on top of it and trying to pry it open, I would've stayed mad at my brother.