Chapter 14

"Lorelie?"

Someone was speaking--no, they were shaking me. Pretty hard too.

I blink, trying to clear my head from the colourful jewels I'd just seen.

What were they?

Why did they make themselves known?

As if I had not enough problems to deal with.

I want to ignore them but I know I can't. Whatever they are, they've been waiting at the back of my mind this whole time.

The issue was I had no idea what that particular ′something′ was or why they only chose to show up now.

"Hey, Lorelie!"

With a snap, I've regained back my vision.

What...?

I looked around in alarm.

The skies weren't black.

There were no stars.

It was morning.

I wasn't alone.

I could feel my team's familiar energy around me.

"Hey," Clint shook me again and I stare at him for a long moment before frowning.

"Clint...?"

"Yeah," He nods, gaze narrowed in concern.

I found I was standing out on the porch. Exactly in my vision. I was no longer in the other reality, the place where there was no one but myself.

"Where... am I?" My confusion is honest as Clint wraps a hand around my forearm.

He led me to an old porch swing, resting by the side of the door and sat me there. His suit had been changed out into more regular casual clothes.

"You're at my house, we arrived a couple of hours ago after what happened at the jet." His mouth was moving but all I hear is muffled tones.

I scratch the back of my ear, an action meant to distract. "What happened at the jet?"

"You don't remember?" Something like a frown cross his expression. "Your heart stopped, but we brought you back."

My, heart stopped?

"Next time maybe give us a bit of a warning when your healing decides to kick the bucket, I thought Tony was going to--"

"-What?" I am beyond confused. I can't understand what's happening around me.

Clint realizes I'm not catching whatever it is he was trying to tell me. He bents down on his knees and snaps his fingers in front of my face.

My reaction is slower, no--I don't show any reaction at all.

There's a charge in my veins, I can feel my body heating up with an unregular amount of energy. It makes all my senses slow down.

Clint doesn't like that, he immediately stood up and called out to the house.

"Banner? Hey, I might need your help!"

There is a sound of numerous thuds before Banner pokes his head out the door. His gaze drifted to me, immediately gaping.

"What are you doing? You shouldn't be up!" He crosses the space between us and grabbed my hands, eyes, searching mine.

I thought it was weird that he was holding me until I realize it was because I was practically sliding off the chair, expression gone.

Was it weird that the world was swaying, or was it just me that was swaying?