Chapter 30

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid--

Now, is not the time! Focus on the mission! Get those bastards before they make it through!

I ran across buildings and structures, pillaring lights and using the momentum to move quicker.

The garbage truck was moving too far ahead of me.

"Oh, f-"

Before I could successfully intervene, the garbage truck goes ramming into the barrier gates, flipping upside down and crashing the wall to pieces.

Boots skittering, I paused in my stance, breathless at the billowing smoke.

"They already made it in," My teeth gritted.

Screams of panic started to circulate the area.

Loud gunshots and explosions practically overpowered my senses, making my echolocation go haywire.

I had to do something.

Jumping down, I landed gracefully on all fours, rolling the rest of the way before setting off in a run.

The rest of the team were still on the way. Wincing at that, I put a hand to my comm.

"Steve, I'm sorry, but I'm going in."

Flaring out the lights, they lash out through my palms hitting the debris blocking the gate. I moved it aside, pushing the wall so it knocked down a couple of Rumlow's oblivious guards.

They didn't see me coming.

I pivot forward and create an energy blade, quietly creeping into the facility whilst using the layer of dust as a smokescreen.

It won't take long for Rumlow to realize he was being attacked, the rest of his guards were already flooding out the facility taking caution at the unseen enemy.

"There's about... five hostiles? maybe six...? I can't really tell--"

"Body armour. AR15s. I make 7 hostiles. And Riley, don't even think of escaping when I come for you."

Steve grunts out, his tone pissed off at the end for disobeying his orders.

Yikes.

Oh well, Super Soldier's going to have to deal with it.

Appearing on the field that had been cleared out by the rest of my team, I carefully made my way over to the two yellow trucks and scanned the area for hostiles.

"I make five," Sam lands on the roof of the facility, his boots thumping. He looks down to see me, finger, pointing in Steve's direction.

He mouths; "Steve is pissed."

Yeah, yeah don't need to tell me twice.

A jet of red glowed behind Sam and Scarlet appears, gliding downwards to the ground, using her abilities to make her fly.

One of the guards took notice and before I could stop him, Wanda has her hand out, abilities already crushing the guard.

She grunts at the effect and looks back at Sam. "Sam!"

Sam flies down and jets out his legs, knocking the guy back against the truck, rendering him unconscious.

"This is going very well," Peering at the knocked out guard, I let out a whistle. "We certainly kicked ass."

Wanda rolls her eyes playfully at me as I approached her, hands wrapping around her shoulder to give her a half hug.

"You did great,"