He's ok

Shinichi's P.O.V

"Wow, she really does look alot like me." Ran observes as she looks at Aoko. Akako was surprised too but has come to get used to it.

"Quite, but you seem to be way more mature than her." Hakuba chips in.

"Kind of like how mature Shinichi is compared to Kaito." Akako adds.

We've been waiting for news on Kaito for over two hours now, no sign of Haibara yet. Kazuha and Heiji have already left to their hotel and Eisuke had left for news of the situation over at the heist location. Only Ran, Aoko, Akako, Hakuba, and I were left.

"...where is She?? Haibara hasn't even come to update us!" I say kind of frustrated.

"Well, if you must know, I've been saving your lover's life." Haibara says as she is in doctor uniform.

"So how is he?" I ask as I stand up frantic.

"He's fine, he did lose quite alot of blood but luckily the hospital had his blood type. Only-"

"What? What happened?" I ask interrupting her, she glares at me.

"Let me finish. *sight* honestly... he fell asleep." She finishes and I let go a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"He's in stable condition but needs rest. In two to four days he can go home." She adds.

"Oh thank god." I mumble as I sit back down.

"You two are lovers?" Hakuba asks out of nowhere. Shit, Haibara called us lovers. I start to blush like a madman.

"I called it from the beginning." Akako and Haibara say in unison.

"You two...!" I start to growl till I hear Ran start to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" I say even more embarrassed than before..

"Because! You've never lost your cool before! Ah, it's my complete and utter defeat." She mumbles looking dejected but with a smile, a sad one.

"Ran."

"I, I've gotta go." She says, leaving the room.

"Wait, Ra-" I was about to chase after her but Hakuba stops me.

"You'll just make it worse if you go now, let her have her alone time, I'll go." He says and runs after her.

"So, you three want to see him?" Haibara asks as Aoko starts to wake up.

"He's fine?" She asks sleepily.

"Yes, he's fine." Akako answers her and we head to Kaito's room.
_________

When we got to see him, his complexion wasn't the best but he at least looked better then when he came here.

Aoko and Akako left not too long after and Hakuba came back telling me he got Ran a taxi and she went home alone. I will have to call her later, just in case. After a quick chat with Hakuba and Haibara, they both left together, leaving me alone with Kaito.

"...why can you sleep so soundly...?" I ask him as I play with his hair. So messy.

".....Mm........

...Shin....chan......" he stirs with a calm smile. I blush with a small frown.

"Don't call me that, idiot."
___________
Kaito's P.O.V

. . . . .my eyes are heavy. . . .

As I finally open my eyes, I see that I'm in a very bright room on a very uncomfortable bed. A hospital room.

"...my shoulder hurts..." I say as I think of all the fuss I'll get from mom when she finds out.

" Ah, you finally woke up." A voice says, I look to my side to see a very tired looking Shinichi.

"Ah, did you bring me here, shin-chan?" I ask, my memories of yesterday kinda fuzzy.

"Yeah, Aoko, Hakuba, and Akako came to visit early not too long ago before you woke up." He says as he puts his book down and takes off his reading glasses.

"Ah, the Nakamori of yesterday was-"

"I know, i know, he's been dealt with and the real Nakamori was found in a closet." He says when he sat at the chair next to me.

"Has anyone found out about me?" I ask as I make the bed rise so I am able to see Shinichi without moving much.

"No one knows, I changed your costume and told Hakuba to take it to a bar called Blue Parrot. I saw you there once and only told Hakuba to leave the clothes there and nothing more." He says reassuring my worries of Jiji's safety.

"...where you stalking me?" I smirk as I look at him but he just glares at me.

"You knew."

"You knew I was Conan." He grunts. I smile sadly.

". . . Yeah." I answer.

"Why didn't you confront me? Why did you want to go there alone? Why did you not count on me? Why did you protect me?" He says looking down, a shadow hiding his teary crystal blue eyes. I felt guilty.

". . . Well, I wanted you to be safe, I didn't want you getting hurt. I stayed silent since it was not too long ago that I deduced that Conan and Shinichi were the same person." I say as I here him stop his cries.

"I am never letting you get hurt like that again." He says as he looks up at me with pure love and concern in his eyes.

I was shocked then smirk. No one's ever said that to me. Really, how cliche.

"Like I'd get hurt that easily." I say as I smile at him.

"You just Did! Yesterday you rushed in like an idiot against that Snake guy without a plan!" He says annoyed.

"I had a plan! And I'm not an idiot!" I yell back irritated he'd say something like that to a patient.

"Yes you are, you idiotic thief!"

"No I'm not, you stuck up detective!"

"Excuse me?!?"

"You're excused!"

We had an intense glaring contest and I pout a little.

"....Pfft!- oh my god!" Shinichi laughs as he looks at me kindly again.

"You're so cute!" He says as he leans on my bed.

I look at him kind of not happy with the cute comment but I join him as we both laugh. After a while, we stop laighing and I tell him to come closer and he does so.

"Wha-" I interrupt him as I pull his head and give him a kiss. A small one but still it made my heart race.

"Thanks."