Visiting an idiot

Aoko's P.O.V.◇

It has been a week and a half since Kaito moved to a different school. Before he left though, he had finally told me that he was interested in someone and that he will chase after them. When he told me so, I was kinda crushed but the look in his eyes when he mentioned that person made me feel happy for him.

Today i decided to visit the idiot since he had been texting me that he had gotten sick and that his mother had went over seas again.

'Honestly, I feel like I'm his mother sometimes...'

"Aoko-san, do you have anything planned today?" Akako asks as we got our shoes from our lockers.

"Yep, I'm going to go visit Bakaito, want to come, Akako-chan?" I ask with a smile.

"Y-yeah, I have to talk to Kuroba-kun about something anyways." Akako says averting her eyes with a slight tint of pink on her cheeks.

'Is she sick too...? The cold must be going around.'

I grab Akako by her arm gently then put my hand to her forehead.

"It's warm, are you sick, Akako-chan?" I ask as I notice her cheeks become an even more darker shade of pink.

"Aoko-san, Akako-san, do you two have plans?" Hakuba asks, coming from out of nowhere as he waves goodbye to a few of his friends.

"Yes! We're visiting Kaito, want to tag along?" I ask as we start walking outside.

"Alright, sounds like fun." He answers walking besides me and Akako on the other side.

At some point, I end up noticing Hakuba and Akako glaring at each other.

'...they don't really get along well...'

____________
Kaito's P.O.V.~

"Delicious!" I say as I savor the taste of this incredible chocolate cake.

"Do you only eat sweets?" Shinichi asks me as he watches me every once in a while, drinking his coffee.

"If I can, I would but mom and Aoko won't let me." I say, a shiver down my spine as I remember the last time they both confronted me about my sweat problem. Scary...!

"Too many sweats can't be good for you." He says as he eats a spoonful of lemon pie.

"Says the guy that literally breaths coffee..." I say sarcasticly while pointing to his second cup of coffee.

"...I'm allowed since I stay up sometimes working on cases..." he says with a pout, as he plays with his pie.

"Speaking of cases, you didn't go to kid's heist yesterday, Sunday. I heard from Sonoko, Why?" I ask as curiosity gets the best of me again.

"....I had a predicament. My cousin, Conan, seems to have come back for a while but isn't telling anyone he knew when he was here, he doesn't want to bring up the people who he has learned to care for's hope." He answers as he takes another spoonful of lemon pie.

'Tantei-kun?'

My heart started to flutter at the mention of the boy still being here.

"Ah...do you by any chance mean the Kid killer...?" I ask as I pretend not to know him.

"Yeah, he's called that too, right?" He says as he looks up from his pie to drink from his coffee instead.

"Your related to him??? I'm a fan!" I say as I smile widely. Truth is, I am, but not like I'll say it to him to his face.

"R-really? I didn't know he was that popular when Kid's fans are involved..." he says as he averts his eyes.

"Well...when a child can fight head on with a phantom thief that has never been arrested or stopped, one would notice and admire." I say as I think of tantei-kun.....and then the kiss...

'Poker face! Poker face!'

"...I guess..." he says as he observes his pie again, a tint of pink on his cheeks as well.

'...cute...wait, what?'

"Hey, Shinichi, do you think you can let me meet Conan-kun?" I ask as I ignore my odd thoughts when I call tantei-kun by his name.

"Sure, if he shows up that is." He answers as he goes back to eating his pie.

"What do you mean by sh-" before i can even finish my question, a annoying girl shows up who I haven't seen in a while.

"Two Bakaito...?!?!?"