Blue and Red child (part 1)

Conan's P.O.V.-

"Kudo-kun, why are you out of nowhere interested in thiefs? Or to be exact, a Kid." The overly devilish she-devil, Haibara asked.

"I'm not exactly interested in Kid but rather what he has to offer." I answer as I scout the hall.

Today, kaitou kid will be stealing a ruby necklace called Red Scarlet. At least that's what he said on the advance notice, like if I'd let him....

I wonder if that snake guy will appear again. Last time he shot Kid and kid had to take me with him far away from the scene. After that, kid promise to tell me everything but instead he knocked me out and left me at the door of the detective agency with a note of apology and that he'd tell another time with different circumstances.

I only came to exact revenge for making me fall asleep but Haibara wanted to come along so I can't since I might have to protect her from uninvited guests. Ran things I'm sleeping over at the professors and it's night so the detective boys couldn't come. Beside, it's Friday, who wastes fridays locked up?

"Conan-kun?"

I look up to see Hakuba Saguru, a teenager like me but not like me.... you get what I mean...!

"Hakuba nee-san..." I say, I was kinda surprised since he would sometimes not come due to a little visit from a prankster. Care to guess who?

"Hakuba-kun!" A girl's voice called out. When she stood next to him, I noticed the girl looked a lot like Ran but with shorter, more messier hair.

"Ah, Aoko-san. This here is Conan Edogawa and his friend is....is...".

"Haibara Ai, nice to meet you both." Haibara says with the most emotionless face and in a kinda rude matter.

"Haibara...." I begin. The two teens kinda laugh it off.

"So, Conan-kun, Haibara-chan, who's your guardian?" Aoko asks to try and break the ice, unlike Ran, she seems more childish, carefree. Kinda how Ran was before her parents' divorce...

"Kudo..." Haibara whispers for only me to hear. Argh! Focus on the task at hand.

"Ah...Heiji nee-san is here..." I answer, did I mention Heiji...?

"Hee~ You both are really mature for your age, kinda like your much older than you look to be..." Aoko says. That sent a chill down my spine, what a weird girl but kinda hard not to like.

"Well, since I don't have siblings, care to be pretend ones?" She asks with a smile.

"Aoko-san, where is Akako-san?" Hakuba interrupts.

"Ah...I'll go look for her, be right back!" She says as she wonders off.

"What a warm personality... like nee-san..." Haibara says with a sad smile.

"Sorry for that, Aoko is too open and carefree she forgets formalities easily, hope you get to know each other properly and don't find her weird..." Hakuba says while scratching his neck.

"You're weird your self, hakuba nee-san..." Haibara answers with a small evil smirk. "Well...most detectives are."

'What's that suppose to mean...'

"Well, she won't be the only weird one you'll meet today and I in tern have also met someone quite interesting. Let me start over, Hakuba Saguru, detective, nice to meet you." Hakuba says to Haibara with a warm smile.

"....Haibara Ai..." she says with a sorta passive look.

"I'm back!" Aoko yells with a quite beautiful girl behind her.