Happy to be home

Ran's P.O.V.☆

"Haibara, who's at the...door..."

"Shinichi?"

There he was, he was back! I don't know what to do. Is he back permanently? For a while like usual?

"Shinichi...why didn't you call to say you're come back?" I ask looking down as tears feel down my face. Are these happy tears...?

"Ran...I'm back." Was all he answered with. Whatever it was that took over me, I ended up hugging him out of...excitement.

"Ran...we need t-...want to go inside?" He asked as I calmed down. After a while, I let him go realizing Haibara was still there...only for me to see her already inside drinking tea.

"Yes."

__________

The place looked the same as how I left it, I cleaned it up every once in a while after all but it didn't look dead for once. It wasn't a mansion that used to belong to a ghost now since the owner came back home. No, revived.

"Are you finally finished with that big case you were working on?" I asked as shinichi served me some tea. Oolong tea.

"Ah...no, but now I'll be doing it at home...I heard Conan went back home, right?" He said as he sat down and dranked his own drink. Coffee.

"Yes." I answered, it felt kinda weird how we communicated, like we were strangers, people we haven't seen in a long time.

There was silence between the three of us till we heard Haibara get up and leave her cup of tea in the sink.

"I'll be watching T.V." she said nonchalantly like usual.

"Haibara just does whatever she wants..." Shinichi said with a deapanned look then he sights.

"Shinichi, why couldn't you do the case he-"

"Let's not talk about the case, I'm back Ran, talking about it will happen on its own, how have you been?" He asks with a kinda sad look. Whatever happens on a case, stays on a case, huh...

"I've been fine, Sonoko sometimes drags me to her Kid heists every once in a while since Conan moved away, do you think he'll be ok?" I ask, i kinda miss him.

"He'll be fine, Conan is very mature for his age and whose to say he won't call every once in a while?" Shinichi says smiling, the mature one's Shinichi...it doesn't look like it but he's changed...

"Kudo-kun, I'm leaving." Haibara said as she headed to the door.

"Ah, see you, Haibara." Shinichi said as she left and he waved her off by the door.

"I have to go soon too, it's almost time for me to make dad's dinner." I said as I gathered my stuff. "See you tomorrow, Monday, at school?"

"Yes." He said as I walked to the gate. As he was about to go back in-

"Shinichi," I say catching his attention. "Welcome home."

He looks at me with a kinda dumbfounded look but then smiles warmly at me.

"Happy to be home."