Pizza and story

Kaito's P.O.V~

"Kaito, why are you so fixated on moving?" My mother asks as I look an search for jewels in my computer.

"Mom, how did dad charm you?" I ask out of nowhere, looking at her in the face this time.

At first mom was shocked, I usually never ask about father much since it hurts both of us, we aren't exactly over his...death yet. After a while mom smiles a sad one then sits down next to me on the couch.

"Well, as you already know, I was phantom lady at some point. At the time, your father wasn't kaitou Kid yet, he was just an aspiring magician. At some point, he was requested to perform at a casino, the same casino that I was to steal a jewel..." She says as she smiles slightly happier, probably fond of the memory.

She then stands up and takes my computer away, leading me to the kitchen. Doing as usual, mom starts to cook dinner but first, serves me a slice of chocolate cake.

"...At that time, he had asked for ji-chan to make him a custom made suit with a top hat that would stand out in a fashionable and flashy way. You know what suit I'm talking about, Right?" I simply nod so she can continue. She goes back to preparing some ingredients.

"How does home made pizza sound?" She asks with that same motherly tone she gets when sad. I simply nod again.

"Pizza sounds fine." I say smiling back.

She nods and continues to wash some tomatoes. "During my heist, I felt confident that I would succeed but I was trapped easily, I started panicking but tried hard not to make a sound. As I try to escape, I start to hear footsteps and was ready to fight till I noticed that it was not the owner or a security guard but a man dressed in white." At this point, mom stops shredding the cheese then continues after a few seconds.

"The mysterious man asked me how I got trapped so easily, I didn't answer, instead I just glared at him but all he did was laugh it off. He then started to approach me slowly and I was a little scared at first for I didn't know who he was or what he wanted but then I was rather impressed then scared since he was able to pass through the lazer light security without much effort, like he was dancing!" As she continues, she takes out a pan and starts kneading the dough.

"When he finally reached me, I squinted my eyes out of instinct but the only thing he did was take out a hair pin to take off the handcuffs that had me trapped. When he was done with one, like in the movies, the owner of the casino came out of nowhere with two body guards next to him."

I start to stand up and help with the dough as mom stirs the pot with the sauce.

"Did I mention that I was trapped to a motorcycle?" She asked me.

"Honestly mom, you telling a story can be kinda scattered." I laugh and she just smiles.

"Well, before the owner could come near us, the man in white told me to hold on tight as he got on the motorcycle and turned it on. He was actually crazy enough to start the thing inside a 49 story high building! You can tell I was freaking out. One could hear the owner yelling for his bodyguard to capture is but before they could do anything, the man in white drove us off towards the window and we crashed it while starting to fall." At that, I look at mom to see she was back to being her happy-go-lucky self.

As mom finished with the sauce and I with the dough, she put the pizza together and left it in the stove as she sat down on the table with tea and chocolate milk at hand.

"I began to panic and spew insults at the man only for him to shut me up with a kiss. He telling me to call my pretty face down and at that moment, I noticed he was quite handsome...!" Mom says while putting her hands on each of her cheeks.

'Mom...'

"...At that moment he had already released my other hand and had me craddled in his arms as he pulled open some sort of handglidder. Below us, the motorcycle being completely and utterly destroyed. He then said to me...

'Care to take residence inside my jewelry box?'

...basicly your father was a weird one..." She finishes off as she looks ahead.

"Do you really want to move?" She asks again, this time with a much calmer look in her eyes that I haven't seen in a few years.

I smile back at her with a much more certain look than before.

"Yeah, I've got to look for a jewel that cannot be let go of..."