In the past

(Guess who?) P.O.V.☆

"RAN!!" Yelled my best friend, Sonoko, who is currently sitting on the couch.
"Why do you keep waiting??"

"According to you, what am I waiting for?" I ask as I dust off my dad's desk.

"The detective geek, that's who! We're almost done with high school and you still wait." She says with a blank look but you can tell she's worried.

I just smile at that. 'Yes, Shinichi hasn't come back but I'm willing to wait because he told me to do so'.

"Ran...?"

"Yes...?" I ask, must have dozed off.

"What if he never comes back?" Sonoko asks as she starts to open a random magazine.

"He will come back, he said he would." I say as I look out the window, Conan should be back soon.

"Ran-neechan! I'm home!" Yells Conan as he takes off his shoes.

He comes in with a happy look but he had eyes that looked frustrated, worried over something.

"Conan? Is everything ok?" I'm worried, he's like a little brother to me. I mean, Sometimes I forget he's only a 7 year old at times since he acts so mature for his age but he is still a child, with his family and friends in America, it must be hard.

"Yep! I'm going to sleep." Conan says as he yawns and heads to his room.

"What a rude brat, he could have at least said hi to me..." Sonoko whines.

"Hi! Sonoko-neechan!" Conan says out of nowhere before entering his room again.

"Hmp!" Sonoko just looks ahead with her arms crossed but she oddly looks happy, maybe it's because she likes to be called neechan. Conan has changed people over the time he's been with use, I'm happy.

When Sonoko left, I was left alone to wonder, will shinichi come back? Will he still be the detective geek I know? Will he change? Will his feelings change? Have I changed?

I smile at the photo of a young Shinichi and me as tears begin to fall down my face.

Will it ever be like before?