Chapter 9: Something in between

The following morning, Yun-se was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the bathroom, Jimin was getting ready in with the door completely shut. She felt like there was something between them. Even if they had a forced and arranged marriage from over a year ago, she still felt like something great should have happened, bonding and accepting this was going to be their life now. Jimin did treat Yun-se like a princess, he respected her, but it was rare for the couple to spend time together.

           Jimin stepped out of the bathroom brushing his teeth and throwing on his dress shirt in a rush to go pick up Jungkook for work. Yet he didn't stop to see Yun-Se just sitting there, combing and tying her long, silk brown hair up in silence. The woman looked up to see Jimin wasn't wearing his ring again and she only sighed. "Jimin."

        "Hm?" Jimin hummed and walked back to the bathroom to rinse with mouthwash too.

         "Your ring." Yun-se added as Jimin looked back at the bedside table.

          "I was going to get it, Yuni." Jimin chuckled and made his way to the ring and placed it on. "You know I wouldn't forget it. Anyways, why are you sitting there? Not going to work, Dear?"

          "I... don't think I can."

           "Why not? Are you feeling sick..?" Jimin worried as he got down on his knees in front of his wife to look at her. "Headache?"

            "No.. I have to call in sick for the day... Mother is coming and I can't show her that I have a job." Yun-se sighed and looked at Jimin. "You can call in sick too... Right?"

           "Yuni, we've been through this. I can't I have to give Jungkook a ride to work and the both of us can't miss today. My team and I will soon travel out for months and you know that."

           "Why did you have to... Choose biology? Why couldn't you choose something simple? I don't think we spend time together... When can we?"

             "For my birthday... I'll ask for a day off and we could go on a date! Just us." Jimin assured and that was enough to see a smile on his wife's face.

              "On a date? That seems be-"

            Jimin's phone began to ring, interrupting the conversation the wedded couple had. Jimin got up and grabbed his phone when suddenly Yun-se snatched the phone and looked at Jimin. "Yun-se!"

          "Even when we are talking... You want to cut it short when Jungkook is calling?" Yun-se asked, beginning to argue with her husband. "This is serious!"

           "I-I know it is... I just have to head out now. Okay? We'll talk when I get back. Besides... Didn't you say I needed more friends..?" Jimin asked as Yun-se looked at the phone and handed it back to Jimin as he accepted it and gave his wife a kiss on the cheek before running out of the room with his suitcase that held most of his work from before and his ID badge.

           Yun-se watched Jimin run off and close the door behind him as she recalled the caller ID of Jungkook. "So he calls him... 'Mr. Jeon'.." Yun-se whispered as she sat back down on the bed silently. thinking of the name over and over again.

           Jimin got in the car and connected the phone to his car, making the call play In the car while he was driving. Jimin answered and looked at the caller ID appear on the small screen on the center of the dashboard. "Good morning!" Jimin said as Jungkook chuckled.

           "What's wrong with you? You're going to make us both late. Why did you spend so long? Were you and your wife-"

           "No! Why would I do that in a small time like this? Besides, Yun-se has class." Jimin laughed as he began to pull out if the driveway quickly.