Chapter 3: Judge

Jimin walked down the hall of the laboratory with Jungkook following behind. The older was sick of Jungkook. All those years before when Jungkook would tease the older on his height and shove him repeatedly, surfaced in Jimin's mind and he couldn't take in the fact that his bully was here! Of course, Jimin always believed Jungkook would fail at life and stay out there gambling and fucking around with prostitutes. Yet here he was... Proving Jimin wrong and coming back to torture him on his size.

          Jimin remained silent as he walked around, stopping in front of the different offices as he looked at Jungkook. Holding the map like he was pinpointing where Jimin was taking him so he could learn more. But Jimin kept denying Jungkook's intelligence.

          "Okay. This is where we keep our chemicals, wastes, needles, flasks... There's many rooms like this in the laboratory. This is just one of them." The older pointed to the room filled with cabinets, chemical wastes and a glass cabinet that housed many chemical flasks, syringes and emergency showers along the corners of the room. There was gloves and goggles for the experiments they test and Jungkook took a good look around the room.

             "Have you made any experiments?" Jungkook asked. Sounding a bit interested and kind, but Jimin knew this was going to lead into another annoying joke.

              "Yes I have." Jimin added as Jungkook laughed.

        "Was it an experiment to find out the reason why you're still short?~" the boy teased as Jimin rolled his eyes and kept walking down the hall.

           "Anyways, here is the room where we keep our small fishes, organisms we are studying and finding ways to find out what's wrong with them." Jimin added as he walked in to show Jungkook the small underwater organisms that were packed in huge tanks. The blue water filled the dark room in a blue tint as Jungkook gazed up at the fishes that gave off beautiful scale colors.

            "If all of them are in here. Why do you keep some in your side of the lab?" Jungkook asked as Jimin turned to face the taller boy.

             "I travelled to Mexico for 4-8 months researching Axolotls. I took some home with me and I studied them even more. I found out about what environment they lived in, what made their bodies turn from a dark blue color or a light salmon color." Jimin said and fixed his glasses. "Travels aren't everyday. It takes a long time to travel outside of Korea to go under the sea and explore."

         "Then what do you all do for the rest of your time here?" Jungkook asked as Jimin looked at Jungkook.

          "Well if you do your research before choosing a place to send your internship forum, you would know that we biologists don't always go underwater to explore and take pictures. That only happens if we find a sponser to support our trip, our experiment and idea." Jimin informed the younger as Jungkook scoffed.

            "I know what I signed up for." Jungkook bickered as he poked Jimin's chest. "Does it even hurt to ask? We all have to ask questions or else we'll be lost." Jungkook added as Jimin shoved Jungkook's hand away and gave him a scowl.

            "Don't touch me..." Jimin hissed. Jungkook then tilted his head and folded his arms, stepping up to the older with a smirk. By now his low voice turned into a raspy whisper.

              "I only placed my finger on your chest... I could do so much than that but you just don't like me in general. It's so sad that you won't move on from the childish past even if we are grown adults. Do I seem like an infectious virus to you, Jimin?" Jungkook asked as Jimin looked up at the younger and backed up, not wanting the boy to come too close to him.