Chapter seventeen

Clara's pov

"You know if we wanted to, we could get married." Jace said, laying next to me on my bed.

"What?" I asked, stunned. "No we can't, we're just kids."

"In this state with parental consent we can." He said, playing with my hair.

"How about my consent? Besides, my dad would never consent to that." I said. "That guy has been gone most of your life." He muttered.

"He's still my dad. Besides, your dad doesn't like me. He wouldn't consent to it either." I said, sitting up.

"What do you mean, he doesn't like you?" He asked and I sighed.

"It's nothing." I said, trying to brush it off. I looked at him and I could tell he didn't believe me.

"He told me that he didn't think I was good enough for you. That if I wasn't pregnant he'd arrange you to mate a werewolf girl because I was a weak human." I said. I could see he was getting angry, so I laid back down.

"Hey, we don't have to get married. Frankly, I think we're too young. Say one of our kids is a girl, and God forbid, but what if she got pregnant at a young age. Would you really let her marry the father?" I asked. I knew I wouldn't.

"Well, if the father was her mate-" he began, but I cut him off.

"I wouldn't let them get married." I said. "I just don't want to get married, okay? I love you, but we're too young."

He nodded. "Yeah, I kind of figured it was a long shot."

"Let's go downstairs." I suggested. We got up, and my mom was sitting on the couch with Ryder.

"Hi Clara, Hi Jace." She said looking over at us. When she turned she was smiling. "Clara, what did you say to your dad this morning? He suddenly wants to move in and says it's because of something you said." She said.

I shrugged. "I just asked if he could drive to the pack house every morning, but live with us." She just smiled at me. "Well, him and Josh are staying the night and moving in tomorrow."

"Finally, Ryder won't be the only boy in the house." I teased. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, now you and Mom will be out numbered." He said.

"Only until the three babies get here. We have no idea their genders." I said. "Three?" Jace asked. "My mom is pregnant, remember?" I said. He nodded.

"Are you staying for dinner, Jace?" Mom asked. He nodded. "If that's okay, also would it be okay if I stayed the night?" He asked. The door opened, and Dad and Josh walked in.

"As long as you stay in Ryder's room and out of my daughter's." Dad said.

Ryder nodded. "Of course."

"Mom, what's for dinner?" I asked. She shrugged. "I'm tired. I was honestly thinking we just go out or something. What do you kids want?"

We all shrugged and Dad made a comment about how we were very helpful.

"Well, we have an hour. Clara, Ryder, Jace, we need to help John and Josh move their stuff in." She said standing.

Outside, there was a U-haul truck behind my dad's truck.

"I know Dad is staying with you, Mom. But, what room is Josh staying in?" I asked.

"You were young, but do you remember where his old room was? We cleaned it out a few years ago." She said. I nodded.

"Good, take all his stuff there." She demanded. She started to take a box out of the U-haul but Dad stopped her.

"Honey, think about the baby." He said, taking the box and she glared at him. "I can carry a box, John. It's not like I'm due next month." She said, taking the box and walking inside.