Chapter fourteen

Clara's pov

About twenty minutes or so later, Ryder came home. He gave me a nod before heading up to his room.

I decided to go take a shower since I hadn't taken one in a few days.

After my shower I went into my brothers room. I haven't talked to him about me being pregnant and it must be pretty weird for him.

"Hi Ryder." I said, entering his room. "Oh, hi Clara." He said looking up at me.

"So how was your day?" I asked him, sitting on his bed. "It was fine, Jace wanted to come see you, but I figured you guys needed a break." He said.

I nodded. "Yeah, I don't want to spend every waking moment with him." I agreed. "This must be strange for you." I added.

"I mean your sister is pregnant by your best friend." I said. "Yeah, I'll admit it was weird at first, but now knowing you guys are mates I don't see a problem with it; other than your age." He said.

"I'm scared." I admitted. "I'm only thirteen, and I'm going to have babies. Babies, Ryder. That's plural!" I exclaimed.

"I know." He said. I could tell he cared, he was just letting me talk.

"I don't know how custody is going to work. I mean, I want my kids to grow up with both parents, but I don't want to leave home, and I wouldn't ask Jace to leave his. I'm scared to give birth. I was scared to have sex for the first time for this very reason!" I screamed.

"Then why'd you do it?" Ryder asked. "I don't know." I sighed. "I guess because I wanted to. It felt right and I wasn't thinking of consequences. It's not like Jace pressured me, it's more like I pressured myself. He kept asking me to make sure I was ready, and I kept telling him I was. I thought I was." I said.

"I never knew you guys were actually doing it. I always thought you were waiting for marriage because that's what mom taught you and that he was waiting for his mate. I just didn't know you were the mate he was waiting for." He said.

"Do you think Jace and I will get married?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I see it happening, but at the same time I don't."

I have mixed feelings about us marrying. I want to, I love him, but will it last? Will my dream- nightmare come true?

My mom walked up into his room. "Hey I knew I heard you kids in here. I just got home." She informed us, sitting down.

"So what are you guys talking about?" She asked. "The pregnancy." Ryder replied.

"Oh, well what about it?" She asked. This time I answered. "How things are going to work after, and how all our thoughts on it."

"I still can't believe my baby is having a baby. You're thirteen, I didn't lose my virginity until I was fifteen." She said. "Not that that's any better, really.

"But you had me when you were sixteen." Ryder said. "I met your father when I was fifteen. We didn't have you until I was sixteen." She informed, again.

"Mom, when you had Ryder, you were sixteen. So when you had him, how did you and Dad handle the living situation?" I asked. "Well, my Mom, your grandma, kicked me out when she found out I was pregnant, so I was already living with him." She said. "But I'm not ready to let two of my babies leave."

I was confused on who the first child was until I remembered Josh. "I'm not ready to leave home. I first thought that one child could live with us while the other lived with Jace, but I don't want to separate the kids, even if they're so young. Besides, I don't want to have to choose which baby lives with me." I said.